Arena Football League Announces New League-Wide Partnership with Shinola
April 16, 2018 - Arena Football League (AFL) News Release
Las Vegas -- The Arena Football League announced today a new league-wide partnership with Shinola, as well as individual activations with the Washington Valor, Baltimore Brigade, Albany Empire and Philadelphia Soul in each local market. As a result of this partnership, Shinola will be the official and exclusive watch and timepiece of the AFL.
"We are excited about our League partnering with a great American brand like Shinola," said Ron Jaworski, Chairman of the AFL Executive Committee. "The AFL and Shinola share a commitment to hard work and high-quality execution, so we believe this partnership is a perfect fit."
"We're thrilled to be partnering with Arena Football," said Shinola's President Shannon Washburn. "Since opening our DC flagship in 2015 and our King of Prussia store in 2016, we've made some wonderful friends and developed a great community in the DC and Philadelphia areas. We look forwards to expanding our presence through this partnership."
This partnership will mean wide exposure for Shinola across the AFL and through activations in each team's game experience. Shinola will:
- Sponsor the Final Minute in-game feature for all AFL games
- Be the presenting partner of both the AFL Championship Awards Presentation and the Most Valuable Player Award at the 2018 AFL League Awards
- Be featured on the AFL website for the duration of the season
- Be featured on the referee jersey patch League-wide
- Sponsor the Shinola Timeless Moment Play of the Week
Shinola is a design brand predicated on meaningful American job creation through the manufacturing of timeless, well-designed goods. Across a growing number of categories, Shinola stands for skill at scale, the preservation of craft and the beauty of industry.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Brigade Today - Baltimore Brigade
- Valor Today - Washington Valor
- Arena Football League Announces New League-Wide Partnership with Shinola - AFL
- Empire Week 2 Game vs Washington Moved to May 11 - Albany Empire
- Washington Valor Move Home Opener - AFL
- Valor Home Opener Moved to May 11 - Washington Valor
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.