Brigade beat Valor, 61-56, in home opener
The Baltimore Brigade (1-0) opened their 2018 season with a win, topping the Washington Valor (0-1), 61-56, Friday night at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Md.
"We came out and we found a way to win," Brigade Head Coach Omarr Smith said after the game. "I'm proud of the way we played offensively...to be able to go out and win the first game is important for us. We're all about trying to improve from last year. It feels good to be 1-0, but we have to enjoy it for 24 hours and then get back to work."
Hippeard shines in Brigade debut
Brigade quarterback Randy Hippeard, playing in his first game with Baltimore, threw for five touchdowns and ran for another two on his way to being named the game's Most Valuable Player award.
Brigade take on defending champs in Philadelphia
This Saturday, the Brigade head north to Philadelphia to take on the defending-champion Philadelphia Soul in a rematch of last season's AFL semifinals. The matchup kicks off at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Center.
The Edge Arena
325 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666
Saturday, April 21: The Brigade face their first road game of the season in Philadelphia at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Center.
Visit the team website for full coverage of the team, including schedules, rosters and news as it happens. Follow the Brigade on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
MONUMENTAL SPORTS NETWORK:
For the latest Brigade video features, behind-the-scenes content and subscription information, visit monumentalsportsnetwork.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Brigade Today - Baltimore Brigade
- Valor Today - Washington Valor
- Arena Football League Announces New League-Wide Partnership with Shinola - AFL
- Empire Week 2 Game vs Washington Moved to May 11 - Albany Empire
- Washington Valor Move Home Opener - AFL
- Valor Home Opener Moved to May 11 - Washington Valor
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.