Two-time MVP Delevski joins Wave
MILWAUKEE (March 4, 2009) - Dino Delevski, the second-leading scorer in the Major Indoor Soccer League last season, has signed an Xtreme Soccer League contract and is assigned to the Milwaukee Wave. He will be active Sunday when the Wave visit the Chicago Storm.
The MISL MVP in 2002 and 2003 with the Kansas City Comets, the 31-year-old Delevski tallied 108 points (7 3PG, 37 2PG, 13A) last season for La Raza de Monterrey, which eventually advanced to the championship game. Delevski scored a career-high 210 points in 43 games for Kansas City in 2001-02, with 86 total goals.
"We definitely needed help on power plays and restarts, and having Dino on those will make those much better," said Keith Tozer, head coach and vice president of soccer operations for the Wave. "And just having another goal-scoring threat, going into these last seven games, is huge for us."
The Wave (8-5) lead the XSL by one game, and close out a three-game stretch with I-94 rival Chicago at 3 p.m. Sunday. Milwaukee's next home game is at 2 p.m. March 15 against Detroit in the annual Green Jersey Game for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. It's also the Parade of Champions with Olympic gymnast Chellsie Memmel.
Founded last summer by the Milwaukee Wave, Detroit Ignition, New Jersey Ironmen and Chicago Storm, the Xtreme Soccer League is more than an indoor soccer league. The Xtreme Soccer Xperience is an energetic and innovative 12-month sports lifestyle brand built around skilled soccer professionals, entertainment and fan participation -- both live and online. For more information, visit XtremeSL.net.
• Discuss this story on the Xtreme Soccer League message board...
Xtreme Soccer League Stories from March 4, 2009
- Ironmen Forward Adauto Named Offensive Player Of The Month - New Jersey Ironmen
- Two-time MVP Delevski joins Wave - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Milwaukee Wave Announces Open Tryout Sessions
- Wave Fall Short in MASL Eastern Conference Final against Baltimore Blast
- Major Arena Soccer League Recognizes Four Milwaukee Wave Players with Post Season Awards
- Wave Ready for Eastern Conference Showdown with Rival Baltimore Blast Friday Night
- Wave Advance to Round Two of MASL Playoffs after Tough Victory against Cedar Rapids