Twins Sign Buck Britton
ROCHESTER, NY - The Minnesota Twins have signed infielder Buck Britton to a minor league deal.
Britton, the older brother of Orioles reliever Zach, played 2015 with Triple-A Oklahoma City in the Los Angeles Dodgers organization after spending his first seven professional seasons with Baltimore. He hit .262 in 117 games for the OKC Dodgers last season and is a .253 hitter in 246 Triple-A games. Britton has played 278 minor league games at third base and 221 at second. He spent parts of 2010 and 2012-14 in the International League with the Norfolk Tides.
Originally a 35th-round selection by Baltimore in 2008 out of Lubbock Christian University, Britton was an Orioles MiLB.com organizational All-Star in 2011 and 2013 and was named a mid-season All-Star with Double-A Bowie in 2012.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from December 9, 2015
- Toledo's run of points ends at ten in 3-2 loss to Evansville - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mud Hens to Follow League Recommendations for Protective Netting - Toledo Mud Hens
- Twins Sign Buck Britton - Rochester Red Wings
- Give the Gift of Mud Hens Baseball this Holiday Season - Toledo Mud Hens
- MiLB's O'Conner Issues Statement on MLB's Fan Safety Recommendations - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.