Tulsa Falls to Northwest Arkansas
SPRINGDALE, AR - The Tulsa Drillers and the Northwest Arkansas Naturals battled in game two of a three-game series on Friday night. The Drillers were unable to score against Naturals starter Gerson Garabito in a 3-1 loss. Garabito tossed seven shutout innings.
The Naturals were able to get to Drillers starter Justin De Fratus early in the first. Nick Heath led off with a triple, and Khalil Lee followed with a soft fly ball single to center, scoring Heath. After Lee stole second base and advanced to third on an error, Emmanuel Rivera singled to score Lee.
Northwest added another run in the eighth. After Meibrys Vilora doubled, Kort Peterson singled to center to make it 3-0.
The Drillers were able score one run in the ninth. Cody Thomas walked and came home on a single by Angelo Mora.
WHAT YOU MISSED
*Carlos Rincon and Drew Avans were hot for the Drillers, both having two hits on the night.
*Cristian Santana went 0-4, ending his 12-game hitting streak.
Tulsa at Northwest Arkansas, Friday, July 12, at 7:05 PM at Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, AR. RHP Edwin Uceta (0-2, 5.70 ERA) versus RHP Conner Green (3-6, 5.09 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 12, 2019
- Bukauskas Bullish in the Permian Basin - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Bolanos Pitches Past RoughRiders - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Naturals Even Series as Kennedy Picks up Win 1,000 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Burke's Impressive Outing Comes up Short against Amarillo - Frisco RoughRiders
- Tulsa Falls to Northwest Arkansas - Tulsa Drillers
- Sod Poodles' Andres Munoz Receives First Call-Up by San Diego Padres - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Hooks Win MiLB's June 'Promo of the Month' Award - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Hooks Hold in Series Opener - Corpus Christi Hooks
- RockHounds Rally Comes up Short - Midland RockHounds
- Cardinals Top Travs 6-4 in Opener - Springfield Cardinals
- Soddies Set Tone Early in Series Opener - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.