Tristan Lennox Named to NHL Central Scouting 'Players to Watch' Ahead of 2021 NHL Draft
The National Hockey League Central Scouting Department released it's 'Players to Watch' list Tuesday ahead of the 2021 NHL Draft. Saginaw Spirit goaltender Tristan Lennox was given a 'B' rating, which projects the third-year netminder a potential second or third round selection.
Lennox, 18, appeared in 33 games during the 2019-20 season for the Spirit, posting a 20-8-2-1 record, a 3.63 goals against average, and a .867 save percentage. The Cambridge, Ontario native finished the season with five consecutive victories and wins in seven of his final eight starts.
Over the summer, Lennox took part in Hockey Canada's virtual Program of Excellence Goaltending Camp in preparation for a chance to play for Team Canada at the 2021 Under-20 World Junior Championship in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Lennox has also competed for Team Canada at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge and last summer at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup, where the Canadians won a Silver medal.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 27, 2020
- Vrbetic, Petrov Ones to Watch - North Bay Battalion
- 46 OHL Players Included on NHL Central Scouting Preliminary Players to Watch List - OHL
- Lockhart, Saganiuk Rated in NHL Central Scouting Service Players to Watch List - Erie Otters
- McTavish, Guryev and Zanetti Named to Central Scouting Players to Watch List - Peterborough Petes
- Burroughs and Goure on NHL Central Scouting Watchlist - Owen Sound Attack
- Tristan Lennox Named to NHL Central Scouting 'Players to Watch' Ahead of 2021 NHL Draft - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.