Treasures from the Home of Baseball Coming to "The Joe"
(COOPERSTOWN, NY) - The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is teaming up with the Tri-City ValleyCats to bring the home of baseball to the Capital Region.
The fourth annual Hall of Fame Night with the Tri-City ValleyCats will be held Friday, July 6 at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium in Troy, N.Y. All fans in attendance for the 7 p.m. game against the State College Spikes will have the chance to see artifacts from the Museum's unparalleled collection of more nearly 40,000 artifacts.
The 2012 class of Frank and Peggy Steele Interns from the Baseball Hall of Fame will provide fans with an opportunity to see and learn about four of the Museum's treasures, which will make the trip from Cooperstown to Troy. The artifacts on display will include:
A 1928 Johnny Evers model baseball glove . Evers, a Troy native, earned election to the Hall of Fame after a stellar 18-year big-league career. A Babe Ruth model bat. A Houston Astros cap worn by future Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan when he struck out his 4,000th career batter on July 11, 1985. Craig Biggio's batting gloves from his 3,000th hit on June 28, 2007. Biggio, who played 20 seasons for the Houston Astros, will become eligible for Hall of Fame election for the first time in 2013.
All of these artifacts will be on display at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium during the ValleyCats game on Friday night.
The Baseball Hall of Fame's Membership team will be on hand to provide information about the Hall of Fame's Membership program. Members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum receive free admission to the Museum, as well as access to exclusive programs, such as the Voices of the Game series. Additionally, members receive a subscription to the Hall of Fame's bi-monthly magazine, Memories and Dreams, the annual Hall of Fame Yearbook and a 10 percent discount and free shipping on retail purchases.
For information on becoming a member, please visit baseballhall.org or call 607-547-0397.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is open seven days a week year round, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. The Museum observes summer hours of 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. from Memorial Day Weekend until the day before Labor Day. From Labor Day until Memorial Day Weekend, the Museum observes daily regular hours of 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Ticket prices are $19.50 for adults (13 and over), $12 for seniors (65 and over) and for those holding current memberships in the VFW, Disabled American Veterans, American Legion and AMVets organizations, and $7 for juniors (ages 7-12). Members are always admitted free of charge and there is no charge for children 6 years of age or younger. For more information, visit our Web site at baseballhall.org or call 888-HALL-OF-FAME (888-425-5633) or 607-547-7200.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from July 2, 2012
- Aguasvivas Homers Twice; Tigers Sweep DH - Connecticut Tigers
- Connecticut Sweeps Vermont 8-0 And 9-6 In Doubleheader Monday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Record Dog Crowd on Hand as Spikes Fall to Muckdogs, 5-3 - State College Spikes
- Doubledays Win Pitchers Duel 2-1 over Jammers - Auburn Doubledays
- Cutters rally falls short in loss to Scrappers - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Grand Slam Steals Victory from Birds - Aberdeen IronBirds
- State College Spikes Game Notes - July 2 vs. Batavia - State College Spikes
- Lake Monsters Join Six-Team Effort to "Strike out Inhalant Abuse" - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Treasures from the Home of Baseball Coming to "The Joe" - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Scrappers Homestand from July 4-July 9 - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City ValleyCats Stories
- ValleyCats to Partner with Harlem Globetrotters, Make-A-Wish Northeast New York, on Swishes for Wishes Night at "The Joe"
- Introducing the 2019 ValleyCats Coaching Staff
- J.D. Martinez to be Immortalized as ValleyCats Bobblehead
- 'Cats to Host Labor Day Matinee, 15 Fireworks Shows in 2019
- ValleyCats Announce 2019 Regular Season Schedule