Toyota Field to Host Tigres UANL and Toluca FC in Exhibition Match
SAN ANTONIO, TX - Toyota Field will host an exhibition match between Liga MX sides Tigres UANL and Toluca FC on Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 7:30 p.m. presented by SPD Sports.
San Antonio FC Season Ticket Members will have an exclusive pre-sale window to purchase tickets to the match starting Friday, Sept. 14 at 10 a.m. Tickets for the match will then go on sale to the general public on Monday, Sept. 17 at 10 a.m. CT. Tickets can be purchased online by visiting Ticketmaster.com, with prices starting at $25. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the AT&T Center box office as well as at all La Michoacana meat market locations in the San Antonio area.
"We're excited to bring another top-quality exhibition match to Toyota Field," said Director of Toyota Field Dave Susi. "We're proud to continue to host events like this at our venue in which fans can enjoy a night of soccer between two historic Liga MX clubs right here in our city."
Tigres is a six-time Liga MX champion, most recently winning the Apertura 2017, Apertura 2016, and Apertura 2015 titles. The club has also won the Copa MX on three occasions, and claimed three consecutive Campeon de Campeones titles in 2016, 2017 and 2018. On the international stage, Tigres finished as runners-up in the 2015-16 and 2016-17 editions of the CONCACAF Champions League, and won the SuperLiga championship in 2009.
Toluca FC is one of the most historic clubs in Mexican professional soccer. Founded in 1917, 'Los Diablos Rojos' have won 10 first division championships in their 101-year history, most recently in 2010, as well as two Copa Mexico and four Campeon de Campeones titles. Last season, the club finished the regular season at the top of the standings before being eliminated by Monarcas Morelia in the Liguilla (playoff) quarterfinals. On the international stage, the club won two CONCACAF Champions League titles in 1968 and 2003.
An 8,000-seat stadium, Toyota Field opened in 2013 and has been the home of the USL club San Antonio FC since the spring of 2016. The facility was acquired in 2015 by the City of San Antonio and Bexar County, in partnership with Spurs Sports & Entertainment who now control all operations of the facility along with the neighboring STAR Soccer Complex.
San Antonio FC will play its next three USL matches on the road from Sept. 15-22. The club will return to Toyota Field on Saturday, Oct. 29 as they host Seattle Sounders 2 in the first of three consecutive home matches. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the SAFC sales office at 210-444-5657 or by visiting SanAntonioFC.com. Supporters can also follow the club by liking San Antonio FC on Facebook, as well as following the team on Twitter (@SanAntonioFC), Instagram (@sanantoniofc) and Snapchat (SanAntonioFC).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from September 12, 2018
- Indy Eleven Fall for First Time in Nine Matches against Penn FC, 0-1 - Indy Eleven
- Penn FC Beats Fifth Place Indy Eleven - Penn FC
- Toyota Field to Host Tigres UANL and Toluca FC in Exhibition Match - San Antonio FC
- Battery, Independence Match Rescheduled for September 19 - Charleston Battery
- Sounders FC 2 Launches First Phase of New Team Branding Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC 2
- Bethlehem's Burke Named USL Coach of the Month - USL
- 2019 Nashville SC Season Ticket Renewals Now Open for Members - Nashville SC
- Roughnecks Back at ONEOK Field Saturday to Face San Antonio FC - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- North Carolina FC Parts Ways with Marcel Kandziora - North Carolina FC
- USL Discipline Report - Week 27 - USL
- Bethlehem Steel FC Signs Midfielder Selmir Miscic - Bethlehem Steel FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio FC Stories
- San Antonio FC Falls to Saint Louis FC 0-2
- San Antonio FC Faces Saint Louis FC in Last Regular Season Away Game
- San Antonio FC Loses 0-2 on Road to Swope Park Rangers
- San Antonio FC Continues Push for Playoffs at Swope Park Rangers
- San Antonio FC Falls to Tulsa Roughnecks 1-2