Tortugas to Participate in "Copa de la Diversion"
DAYTONA BEACH, FL - The Daytona Tortugas have been chosen to be part of MiLB's "Copa de la Diversion" for the 2018 season, as announced by Minor League Baseball Monday afternoon. "Copa de la Diversion" means "Fun Cup" and is a season-long event that is deigned to embrace the culture and values of the local Hispanic and Latino communities.
The Tortugas are one of 33 teams that have been chosen by MiLB and are the lone participant in the Sunshine State.
"This is an amazing opportunity for us and a chance to continue to extend our footprint throughout Central Florida," Tortugas President Ryan Keur said. "We were excited, and certainly honored, to have been chosen to represent Florida, and we look forward to celebrating the Hispanic and Latin communities of Central Florida throughout the season."
The Tortugas will kick off the celebration on Friday, May 18th, when the Copa trophy will be at The Jack. That weekend, along with the weekend of June 22nd, will be designated as specific "Es Divertido Ser un Fan" weekends. More details of the events will follow.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from February 12, 2018
- Pirates Announce 50 Community Celebrations to Honor the Club's 50 Seasons in Bradenton - Bradenton Marauders
- Tortugas to Participate in "Copa de la Diversion" - Daytona Tortugas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Daytona Tortugas Stories
- Snoop Dogg's Puff Puff Pass Tour Coming to the Jack December 22, 2018
- Tortugas to Continue Affiliation with the Reds in Daytona Beach
- Tortugas Title Quest Falls Two Games Short After 8-5 Loss
- Tortugas Win, Force Game 4 at Home
- Tortugas Use Strong Antone Performance to Fight off Elimination