Toros Topped by 66ers
Austin, TX - The Austin Toros (25-21) came back from a 13 point deficit Friday night in front of a crowd of nearly 4,000 at Cedar Park Center, but fell short losing to the Tulsa 66ers 91-90.Tre Kelley hit two key free-throws with just under a minute left to give the Toros a one point lead, but Tony Taylor came back to score the go ahead lay-in, putting the Toros away. Adidas player of the game Lester Hudson led all scorers with 23 points, six rebounds and two assists.
Five Toros' players scored in double figures on the night. JaMychal Green and Chris Roberts each scored 14 points, while Kelley and Jamarr Sanders tallied 11 points apiece. Spurs assignee Aron Baynes contributed nine points and five rebounds.
Rasual Butler led the 66ers (26-20) with a team high 20 points and four rebounds. Tony Taylor finished with 18 points along with three rebounds. DeAndre Liggins recorded a double- double for the evening with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
The Toros travel to Tulsa to take on the 66ers tomorrow night at 7pm. Austin returns home Wednesday, April 3rd for their final regular season home game against the Springfield Armor at 7:30pm. Call the Toros' office at 512.236.8333 for ticket information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 29, 2013
- Toros Topped by 66ers - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa Holds off Austin for 91-90 Win - Tulsa 66ers
- Stampede Bottled up by Jam - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Fall in Fort Wayne - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers Top Skyforce 124-106 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Hang on to Beat Springfield, 115-111 - Erie BayHawks
- D-Fenders Acquire Reeves Nelson - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.