Vipers Top Skyforce 124-106
HIDALGO, Texas -- The Rio Grande Valley Vipers topped the Sioux Falls Skyforce 124-106 tonight at State Farm Arena. Tonight's win tied the Vipers longest win streak of the season, seven games.
Andrew Goudelock led the Vipers with 27 points. Terrence Jones scored a double-double 23 points, 11 rebounds. Glen Rice, Jr. added 17 points. Toure Murry scored 15 points, and Chris Johnson added 11 points.
The Skyforce were led by Jarvis Varnado and Seth Tarver, who both scored 20 points. Varnado also added 12 rebounds. Demetris Nichols followed with 19 points, and Chris Davis contributed 14 points. James Mays scored 11 points.
The lead changed nine times and tied three times throughout the first quarter as the teams fought for control. At the end of the quarter, the Vipers led 30-26.
RGV broke away in the second quarter. A shot from behind the arc by Goudelock gave the Vipers their largest lead of the first half, 14 points 59-45 with 3:38 on the clock. Goudelock scored 20 of his 27 total points in the first half. The Vipers led 66-54 at halftime.
Sioux Falls fought back in the third quarter. The Vipers outscored the Skyforce by only one point, 34-33 in the quarter. RGV built their lead to 17 points three times in the quarter. At the end of the third, RGV held a 100-87 advantage.
The Vipers cruised through the fourth quarter. With 2:35 left in the game, D.J. Kennedy gave RGV their largest lead of the game, 20 points 121-101. The Vipers won the game 124-106.
RGV is back in action Saturday night when they host the Sioux Falls Skyforce in the second game of this back-to-back series. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at State Farm Arena. Fans can listen to Vipers games live on Fox Sports 1700 and can watch games live on the NBA Development League Network on YouTube.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 29, 2013
- Toros Topped by 66ers - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa Holds off Austin for 91-90 Win - Tulsa 66ers
- Stampede Bottled up by Jam - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Fall in Fort Wayne - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers Top Skyforce 124-106 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Hang on to Beat Springfield, 115-111 - Erie BayHawks
- D-Fenders Acquire Reeves Nelson - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Vipers Premium Dates Released Ahead of 2019-20 Season
- Blair Leads Vipers to Top of G League
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Earn Third NBA G League Championship
- The Chase for Three Continues: Vipers Force a Winner Take All in the 2019 NBA G League Finals
- Vipers Fall Short to Nets in Game 1 of NBA G League Finals | April 7