Toronto FC II Sign Ryan Telfer
Toronto FC II announced Friday that the club has signed forward Ryan Telfer to a USL contract.
"Ryan has been training with us since the beginning of training camp and has fit in well within the group," said Toronto FC II Head Coach Jason Bent. "He is a player that has good pace and can add a new dimension to the team's attack. I would also like to thank Carmine Isacco and York University for their role in helping to develop Ryan."
Telfer, 23, spent the past two seasons at York University. During the 2016 season, he appeared in 14 matches registering five goals and two assists for the Lions. He earned OUA West second-team all-star honours and helped York capture the OUA silver medal. During the 2015 season, he appeared in four matches registering one goal and helped the lions capture both the OUA and CIS championship. Prior to joining York University, Telfer played his youth soccer with the Erin Mills Eagles.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC II signed forward Ryan Telfer
Birthdate: March 4, 1994
Birthplace: Toronto, ON
Hometown: Mississauga, ON
Last Club: York University
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 24, 2017
- Jaron Johnson's 27 Points Not Enough - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Hounds Finalize Roster Ahead of Season Opener - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Letter from USL President Jake Edwards - USL
- Rhinos Announce Major Partnership with Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Rochester Rhinos
- Harris Teeter Signs on with Charlotte Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Five New Players to Watch with Whitecaps FC 2 During the 2017 USL Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
- VAR Testing, Rule Changes in Place for 2017 USL Season - USL
- Swope Park Rangers Adds Five Sporting KC Players on Loan - Swope Park Rangers
- LouCity Facing Unknowns against Saint Louis FC - Louisville City FC
- Harrisburg City Islanders Announce George Altirs as Majority Owner - Penn FC
- Toronto FC II Sign Ryan Telfer - Toronto FC II
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.