Toronto Deals Zaher's Rights To D.C. United
Toronto FC announced Thursday that they have traded the rights to defender Mike Zaher to D.C. United in exchange for a 1st round selection in the 2009 MLS Supplemental Draft.
"Mike did very well for us during preseason," said manager Mo Johnston. "He worked very hard, but unfortunately for us we are quite strong at that position this year. This opportunity came up with D.C., and now hopefully he'll more of a chance to get some games in."
Zaher, a product of UCLA, was acquired in the 3rd round, 30th overall in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft by Toronto FC.
Toronto FC will travel to Washington tomorrow for their game Saturday against D.C. United in a 7:30p.m ET start.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 3, 2008
- Frankowski scores two in Fire home opener at TOYOTA PARK - Chicago Fire
- Fire takes advantage of early Larentowicz ejection to stun Revs with four first-half goals - New England Revolution
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Five Players Prior to Opener Against Galaxy - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Injury Update: April 3 - New England Revolution
- Toronto Deals Zaher's Rights To D.C. United - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Acquires Rights To Mike Zaher From Toronto FC - D.C. United
- MLS All-Stars to Face West Ham United - MLS
- Whatever you call the game, you can find it in Major League Soccer - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.