Tommy Staples Named IFL Special Teams Player of the Week
The Stampede Express is proud to announce that Kicker Tommy Staples was named the Indoor Football League Special Teams Player of the Week.
In the big game against Corpus Christi on Saturday night, Staples was 10 of 12 on extra point attempts and had 12 kickoffs averaging 47.2 yards per kick. This is the second big week in a row that Staples has scored in the double digits in kicking to help the Stampede Express in big wins over Abilene and Corpus Christi, and to give the Stampede Express the final place in the 2009 Playoffs.
The Regular Season ends this weekend with the Stampede Express at home to take on the El Paso Generals. The doors open at 6 and kickoff is at 7:05 pm in the San Angelo Coliseum. Get your tickets today by calling 947-DOWN (3696) or by coming by the Stampede Express office at 2210 Austin. "THE GAME IS ON"
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from July 9, 2009
- It's playoff time in indoor football, sort of... - OSC Original by Danny Burnham
- This Week in the IFL - IFL
- Thurman Thomas To Attend Raiders Practice Tonight - Rochester Raiders
- Lightning Girl MVP's of the Week - Sioux Falls Storm
- 5th Annual Jersey Off the Back Silent Auction - Sioux Falls Storm
- Tommy Staples Named IFL Special Teams Player of the Week - San Angelo Stampede Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Angelo Stampede Express Stories
- Local Farmer Joins Team
- Stampede Express Hosting First Round of the Playoffs
- Stampede Express Receive Proclamation
- Indoor Football League Week 10 Vidswap.Com Players Of The Week
- Veteran Quarterback Takes the Snaps