Tommy Armstrong, Jr. earns 2nd Nebraska Danger Player of the Week Award
GRAND ISLAND - The end result of the game wasn't what anybody in Grand Island wanted, but quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. still lived up to his early-season hype in a 55-36 loss to Sioux Falls over the weekend.
Armstrong did most of his damage in the game with his legs, rushing for four touchdowns while throwing for just one. The yardage didn't follow suit necessarily, as the four TD runs totaled just 14 yards in all with a 1-yard score, two 2-yard TD's along with punching in another TD from 9 yards out. His one passing touchdown went for 14-yards to Greg Dent.
After becoming the league's second-leading rusher through two games, Davonte Sapp-Lynch only carried the ball four times in the loss to Sioux Falls, collecting just 15 yards. With the star tailback bottled up, Armstrong had to take to the air for much of the game, and he proved efficient by completing 11-of-17 passes for the one touchdown with no interceptions.
The story of the game unfortunately became the team's overall discipline, as the team was penalized six times for 61 yards, with several of the penalties being unsportsmanlike infractions that cost the team great scoring opportunities in both the first and second half.
The team is now on a bye week before returning home on Saturday, March 23 to take on defending IFL champion Iowa. Kickoff for that contest is set for 7 p.m.
Tickets for the 2019 Nebraska Danger Football Season are on sale through the Heartland Events Center Ticket Office, Ticketmaster.com, or through local Pump and Pantry Locations. For more information, visit dangerfootball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 11, 2019
- Tommy Armstrong, Jr. earns 2nd Nebraska Danger Player of the Week Award - Nebraska Danger
- Rattlers Announce Schedule Change for Game at San Diego - Arizona Rattlers
- Blizzard Fall Short to Defending Champions - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nebraska Danger Stories
- Danger Hoping Third Time's the Charm with Green Bay
- Greg Dent Jr. Hauls in 3 TD's, Tabbed Nebraska Danger Player of the Week
- Danger Head to Green Bay for Rematch
- Eric Thomas Breaks Loose for 4 TD's, Named Danger Player of the Week
- Danger Look to Even Record against Sugar Skulls