Tomahawks Take Down Rebels, 3-1
JAMESTOWN, New York - The Johnstown Tomahawks defeated the Jamestown Rebels 3-1 Saturday night, splitting the weekend series between the two.
Unlike the previous night, it was the Tomahawks who opened the scoring. A little less than eight minutes into the game, Colin Price deflected a shot in front for his third goal of the year. But then Valentino Passarelli scored for Jamestown to tie things up at one with less than five minutes remaining in the period.
Towards the end of the first, Jamestown's Spencer Cosway was given a double minor for high-sticking. The penalty time carried over into the second, and the Tomahawks were able to successfully convert on the power play. Max Kouznetsov scored his ninth of the season to help Johnstown retake the lead, 2-1.
After the goal, Jamestown controlled play for the remainder of the second period. However, Tomahawks goalie Alex Tracy was able to make several key saves to keep his team's lead intact.
The Tomahawks were able to add to their lead early in the third period, with Christian Gorscak tallying his 11th of the season to give Johnstown the 3-1 lead. That was all they would need, as Tracy continued to stand tall in net to shut the door on Jamestown.
With the win, Johnstown now has 36 points and are still in second place in the East. However, they remain three points behind the division-leading New Jersey Titans (39 points), who defeated the Maryland Black Bears tonight.
1st Period Recap
7:51 Johnstown goal scored by Colin Price, assisted by Jesse Lycan and Tristan Poissant.
15:41 Jamestown goal scored by Valentino Passarelli, assisted by Joe Teasdale and Seth Bergeron.
2nd Period Recap
1:28 Johnstown power play goal scored by Max Kouznetsov, assisted by Carson Gallagher and Quinn Warmuth.
3rd Period Recap
2:25 Johnstown goal scored by Christian Gorscak, assisted by Spencer DenBeste and Tristan Poissant.
Final Shots on Goal count: Johnstown Tomahawks (32) | Jamestown Rebels (39)
Three Stars of the Game:
Tristan Poissant, Johnstown
Valentino Passarelli, Jamestown
Malik Alishlalov, Johnstown
The Tomahawks will return home next week for an East division showdown with the New Jersey Titans on December 6th and 7th. On Friday night, fans will receive souvenir player trading cards. Then, on Saturday night, don't forget to wear your favorite ugly holiday sweater for Ugly Christmas Sweater Night and bring a stuffed animal for the fan-favorite Teddy Bear Toss.
Tickets are available in-person at the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA Box Office and online at www.1stSummitArena.com/go/Tomahawks.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2019
- Bulls Fall Short in Weekend Split with Lone Star - Amarillo Bulls
- Ice Wolves Beat IceRays 6-2 Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Chippewa Steel Sweep Springfield Jr. Blues 4-0 on Saturday Night - Chippewa Steel
- Tomahawks Take Down Rebels, 3-1 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Titans Surge Past Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Black Bears Down Titans with Strong Third Period - Maryland Black Bears
- Game Postponed - Aberdeen Wings
- Tiernan Shoudy Earns First Call-Up of Bruins Season; Will Play in Des Moines on Saturday - Austin Bruins
- McCarthy Nets Hat Trick, Pilots Knock off Jackalopes 8-2 - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Upend Bobcats Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Black Bears Score Two, Third-Period Goals to Defeat Titans 4-2 - New Jersey Titans
- Magicians End Winning Streak at 10 - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Josh Graziano Becomes the First NCAA Commitment for the Ice Wolves - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Jackalopes Fall to Topeka 8-2 - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.