Titans Defenseman Penney Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to University of New Hampshire
The New Jersey Titans, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), are pleased to announce that defenseman Cade Penney has committed to play NCAA Division I Ice Hockey for the University of New Hampshire Wildcats, who play in the Hockey East Conference.
Penney, 18, is in his second year with the Titans. He currently has twenty-five points (4 goals and 21 assists) in 45 games this season. He has a team best +/- with a +29. The Thorton, PA native was a member of the NAHL's East Division's team during last week's Top Prospects Tournament.
"I am so excited for the opportunity to be a UNH Wildcat" stated Penney. "It was a very easy decision to join a first-class school and hockey program. I would like to thank my parents (Mike & Trina) and my sister (Emerson) for all their dedication and support over the years. I also would like to thank all my coaches and teammates that helped me along the way" concluded Penney.
"We are extremely excited for Cade and the entire Penney family" stated Titans head coach Craig Doremus. "Cade has worked very hard to improve day to day. He has grown so much in two years in our program. Cade has such a bright future ahead of him and we look forward to him helping us in our pursuit of the Robertson Cup. We are so proud so proud of Cade and look forward to him continuing to be a huge part of our organization moving forward" concluded Doremus.
The University of New Hampshire is in Durham, NJ. The Wildcats are coached by Mike Souza. They currently have a 9-10-1 record.
Images from this story
New Jersey Titans defenseman Cade Penney
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Byers Named NAHL Central Division Star of the Week Welsch Honorable Mention - Aberdeen Wings
- Ice Wolves Fall to Topeka, 3-0 - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Titans Defenseman Nagle Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to University of New Hampshire - New Jersey Titans
- Titans Defenseman Penney Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to University of New Hampshire - New Jersey Titans
- Black Bears Swept by Knights - Maryland Black Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Titans Stories
- Titans Acquire Veteran Defenseman Matt Doyle in Trade with Tomahawks
- Titans Defenseman Danny Dimon Makes NCAA Commitment to Elmira College
- Penney Selected to NAHL's All-East Division Team; Doremus Named East Division's GM of the Year
- Zona Named to the NAHL's All-East Division Rookie Team
- Titans Tender Titans Youth 18U National Premier Netminder Tyler Franchi