Timbers' Pore Crowned USSF D-2 Pro League MVP
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Timbers midfielder Ryan Pore was voted the USSF Division-2 Pro League Most Valuable Player for the 2010 season, it was announced today as U.S. Soccer revealed the league's postseason awards. Pore was also selected to the league's Best XI.
The USSF D-2 Pro League postseason awards were selected by a panel of journalists from print, television, radio and online media hailing from each of the 12 teams' local markets as well as club general managers and head coaches.
Joining Pore on the USSF D-2 Pro League Best XI is forward Eddie Johnson. Both Pore and Johnson were among a group of four announced earlier this week as the first players to join Portland for its inaugural Major League Soccer season in 2011. Johnson played the 2010 season with the Austin Aztex.
Pore, who was named the league's Goal-Scoring Champion on Wednesday, led the USSF D-2 Pro League in scoring (35pts) and goals (15) during the regular season and ranked among league leaders with five assists. He helped the Timbers to a 13-7-10 (49pts) record and the third-best points total in the league. Pore scored 15 of Portland's 34 goals during the campaign.
Selected to the Best XI, Pore, 27, received all-league honors for a second straight season with the Timbers. The Mansfield, Ohio, native started 28 of his 29 appearances, played 2,475 minutes, netted four game-winners amongst his league-leading 15 goals and took a league-high 84 shots in 2010. He was named to the USL First Division All-League first team in his first season with Portland in 2009._
• Discuss this story on the U.S. Soccer Federation D-2 message board...
U.S. Soccer Federation D-2 Stories from October 21, 2010
- Rhinos Earn All-League Honors - Rochester Rhinos
- Nolly Named USSF D-2 Goalkeeper of the Year - Vancouver Whitecaps
- USSF D2 Pro League Awards Announced - USSF D-2
- RailHawks' Daniel Paladini Named to League's Best 11 - North Carolina FC
- Ali Gerba Named to League All-Star Team - Montreal Impact
- Three Academy Players with Canada's U17 Team - Montreal Impact
- Timbers' Pore Crowned USSF D-2 Pro League MVP - Portland Timbers
- Paulo Jr Named to USSF D-2 Best XI - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Eddie Johnson, Jamie Watson, Max Griffin Honored by USSF D-2 Pro League - Austin Aztex
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.