Tigers Acquire MacNeil
Medicine Hat, AB - The Medicine Hat Tigers announced today that they've acquired 2003 born forward Owen MacNeil from the Spokane Chiefs in exchange a 4th round pick in 2022 and an 8th round pick in 2023.
MacNeil, a product of Calgary, AB spent the last two seasons playing south of the 49th parallel in Spokane, Washington. the 6 foot tall forward appeared in 65 for the Chiefs over two pandemic shortened seasons, registering 11 points (3G, 8A). MacNeil was originally selected by the Chiefs in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft, 39th overall.
"We're excited to bring Owen into the Tigers organization. He has 2 years of playing in the US Division, we feel he will bring us some good experience." Tigers General Manager and Head Coach Willie Desjardins continued, "We feel Owen's presence will be a great compliment to our young talent."
The Tigers kick off their preseason this weekend, first with a tilt against the Lethbridge Hurricanes in Lethbridge, before returning home to Co-op Place for the rematch on Saturday, September 18th. Tickets can be purchased at the Tigers Business Office (2802 Box Springs Way NW), The Scoreboard, Rusty's Roadhouse, The Irvine Hotel and Badlands Training.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 14, 2021
- Tigers Acquire MacNeil - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Blazers Announce Signing of 2005-Born Forward Emmitt Finnie - Kamloops Blazers
- Chiefs Trade Forward Owen MacNeil to Medicine Hat for Draft Picks - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Announce Pre-Season Roster & Schedule - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Victoria Royals Sign Goaltender Logan Cunningham - Victoria Royals
- Blazers Announce WHL Preseason Tickets on Sale Tomorrow - Kamloops Blazers
- Hitmen Four Game Pre-Season Opens this Weekend - Calgary Hitmen
- Chiefs to Retire Tyler Johnson's Jersey on February 4 - Spokane Chiefs
- Rockets Announce Ticket On Sale Date For Preseason Games - Kelowna Rockets
- Hurricanes Ink Renas to WHL Player Agreement - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Wheat Kings Sign Four Prospects - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Warriors Sign Four Prospects out of Training Camp - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Medicine Hat Tigers Stories
- Tigers Deal Bonni to Chiefs
- Tigers Sign Calhoon
- Tigers Sign St. Martin
- Tigers, Rebels and Hurricanes Will Adopt the Provinces Restriction Exemption Program
- Tigers Acquire MacNeil