Tiger-Cats trade with Eskimos
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats today acquired the playing rights to middle linebacker Jason Lamar from Edmonton and the Eskimos second round pick (fourteenth overall) in this year's Canadian College Draft. In return, Edmonton gets Hamilton's second round pick, tenth overall, in this year's draft.
"We've been working on this for a long time," said Hamilton head coach Greg Marshall. "The acquisition of Jason really solidifies our defence."
Lamar is a familiar name to Hamilton fans. He signed as a free agent with Hamilton in May of 2001, and ended the season on the All-Eastern team. In 2002, he went to the Houston Texans of the NFL, was released in 2003, then went to Edmonton.
Lamar will be at Tiger-Cats training camp on May 22.
Please visit www.ticats.ca for updates.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from April 20, 2004
- Grey Cup MVP Tucker back with Eskimos - Edmonton Eskimos
- Blue Bombers & Green Bay Packers stars to impart skills to youth - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Esks trade linebacker to 'Cats for draft pick - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats trade with Eskimos - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Hood hangs out in Hamilton - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Blue Bombers transactions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg welcomes Wingfield - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Robert Gordon re-signs with Winnipeg - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Season-ticket total passes 15,000 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.