Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Wilson to Two-Year Deal
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Thursday the football club has re-signed American linebacker Kyle Wilson to a two-year contract.
Wilson, 27, suited up in 17 regular season games and one playoff game, including 10 starts at linebacker for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 2022. The 6'0, 229-pound native of Wichita, Kansas posted 45 total tackles, 42 defensive tackles, five tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one pass knockdown. His team-leading five defensive tackles (tie-Mason Bennett, Richard Leonard and Micah Johnson) ranked fifth in the Canadian Football League.
The Arkansas State University product has suited up in 21 games over two seasons in Hamilton (2021-22), totalling 52 tackles, 46 defensive tackles, five tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one pass knockdown. Throughout his career he has seen time at both the mike and will linebacker positions.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from November 24, 2022
- Blue Bombers Extend Contract of CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Pat Neufeld - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Wilson to Two-Year Deal - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Lions Re-Sign Anderson, Cooper, Mauger, Way and Add Eight More for 2023 - B.C. Lions
- Riders Sign Offensive Lineman Jeremiah Poutasi - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.