Tiger-Cats Add National Defensive End Walker to Practice Roster
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday the football club has added national defensive end Cameron Walker to the team's practice roster.
Walker, 26, has appeared in 53 Canadian Football League games over four seasons (2015-18) with the Toronto Argonauts, registering 26 special teams tackles, three defensive tackles and one quarterback sack. The 6-4, 237-pound native of London, Ontario, who also helped the Argos capture the 2017 Grey Cup, attended training camp with Toronto earlier this month before being released June 8. Walker was originally selected by the Argonauts in the third round, 21st overall, in the 2015 CFL Draft.
Prior to turning pro, Walker played four seasons (2011-14) at the University of Guelph, recording 122.5 tackles, 23 tackles for a loss, 13 sacks, three forced fumbles and a pair of fumble recoveries. He was named a First Team OUA All-Star twice (2012, 2014), a Second Team OUA All-Star in 2013, and was the Gryphons Defensive Player of the Year in 2013 and Special Teams Player of the Year in 2012.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Kenny Ladler Visits Edmonton Eskimos - Edmonton Eskimos
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Launch New Season Ticket Member Experiences - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Fred Stamps Pre-Game Autograph Session and Meet and Greet Friday - Edmonton Eskimos
- Tiger-Cats Add National Defensive End Walker to Practice Roster - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Add Offensive Lineman Tate to Practice Roster
- Banks Named CFL Top Performer for Week 5
- Jade Eagleson to Perform at Halftime of Ticats 'Country Night' Game July 26
- Banks and Thomas Erlington Named CFL Top Performers of the Month for June
- Ja'Gared Davis Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 3