ThunderHawks Kicker David Hendrix Named to All-IFL Team
Grand Rapids, Michigan - The Indoor Football League announced its 2010 All-IFL Teams today and West Michigan's David Hendrix was honored after a spectacular season as the ThunderHawks' placekicker.
Hendrix was named to the Second Team in the Special Teams category. He was the only player from West Michigan to make the list of 38 honorees. This was Hendrix' first season with the ThunderHawks after previous indoor experience with the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz and Peoria Pirates.
The former All-American at Grand Valley State University, who led the nation in field goals made in 2003 with 25, appeared in all 14 games during the recently completed 2010 regular season. He kicked a franchise-record 24 field goals, besting the old mark of 21, set in 2009 by another former GVSU standout kicker, Scott Greene. In all, Hendrix made 24-of-51 field goal attempts and was nearly automatic on point-after-tries, hitting 65-of-71. His 91 per cent success rate on P.A.T.'s was best in the 25-team IFL among kickers with at least 10 attempts.
Hendrix was also recognized as IFL Special Teams Player of the Week for his out-standing performance against the Rochester (N.Y.) Raiders on March 28th at DeltaPlex Arena, notching 15 points in his team's 57-51 win.
While at Stevensville Lakeshore High, Hendrix was tabbed All-State in both his junior and senior years and set single-season and career marks for most points scored for the Lancers.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from June 24, 2010
- Beef on 2010 All-IFL Teams - Omaha Beef
- Corpus Christi Set to Begin Playoff Run - Corpus Christi Hammerheads
- Storm to Face Beef for Final Time - Sioux Falls Storm
- ThunderHawks Kicker David Hendrix Named to All-IFL Team - West Michigan Thunderhawks
- Blizzard Receive Awards - Green Bay Blizzard
- LB Eric Henri Named First Team All-IFL Special Teams in Specialist Category - West Texas Roughnecks
- Bringing Back a Championship - Amarillo Venom
- 2010 All-IFL Teams Announced - IFL
- Chicago Slaughter Receives 2010 IFL Best Fan Base Award - Chicago Slaughter
- Pre-Game Party and Rally Towel Giveaway at Saturday's Wild Game - Wichita Wild
- VIP Seats Sold Out; General Admission Tickets Still Available for Playoff Game. - Billings Outlaws
- Lady Outlaws Named League's Top Dance Team - Billings Outlaws
- Revolution and Outlaws featured on Episode 16 of This Week In The IFL - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.