Thunder Squeaks Past Riptide, 2-1
Lowell, Ma - June 27 - The New England Riptide and Rockford Thunder met for the third time tonight. It was Erica Beach (0-2) for the Riptide and Allison Kime (2-2) for the Thunder.
The score remained scoreless for three and a half innings when Jess Merchant drove a ball over the head of center fielder Kristen Zaleski for a double to drive in Gina Carbonatto who had opened the inning with a single. The Thunder got it right back in top of the fifth on a lead off double by Stephanie Fischer and triple by Audrey Rendon.
They took a 2-1 lead in the sixth. Shanna Diller led off the inning with a double which chased Erica Beach in favor of Jocelyn Forest. Forest struck out Sandy Vojik, but Tonya Callahan put a ball in the right center gap to score Vojik.
The two teams complete the four game series on Saturday at Martin Softball Field at 7:05. The game features a Riptide Lawn Party featuring the band In the House who will be performing from 5-7. Gates open at 4:15 on Saturday and special picnic food will be available.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from June 27, 2008
- Thunder sneak past Riptide - Rockford Thunder
- Bandits put complete game together in win - Chicago Bandits
- Force are 9th inning walk-off winners, again - Philadelphia Force
- Thunder Squeaks Past Riptide, 2-1 - New England Riptide
- New England Wins for Second Straight Night - Rockford Thunder