Thunder Signs Two-Time All-American Puikkonen
October 29, 2002 - United States Professional Volleyball League (USPV) - Chicago Thunder News Release
OAKBROOK TERRACE, ILL., OCTOBER 29, 2002_ The Chicago Thunder, a member of United States Professional Volleyball (USPV), today announced three roster moves, including the signing of two-time All-American middle blocker Nina Puikkonen (Murray, Utah, BYU).
The 6-foot-3 Puikkonen trained with the United States Womens National Volleyball Team in 2002.
The Thunder also re-signed libero Michelle Quon (Dana Point, Calif., UCLA). Quon was third in the league in digs last season, averaging 3.2 digs per game. Quon played in 66 games for Chicago in 2002.
The team also signed former Penn State standout Nadia Edwards (Frankfort, Ill.).
Edwards played for St. Louis last season and appeared in 20 games. Edwards was a member of the 1999 Penn State team that won the NCAA national championship.
Chicago opens the 2003 season January 10 at Minnesota in a rematch of last years USPV Championship Series. The Thunders home opener is Sunday, January 12 at Saint Xavier Universitys Shannon Center. The Thunder will play all 10 of its home matches at the Shannon Center.
• Discuss this story on the United States Professional Volleyball League message board...
United States Professional Volleyball League Stories from October 29, 2002
- Chill Re-Signs Fitzgerald; Zschau And Iya Added - Minnesota Chill
- Quest Re-signs Libero Stark - St. Louis Quest
- Thunder Signs Two-Time All-American Puikkonen - Chicago Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Thunder Stories
- Thunder Re-Signs Radovic
- Former Mother McAuley Star Katie Schumacher Coming Home To Play for Thunder
- Former University Of Pacific Standout Shinn-Hardcastle Signs With Thunder
- Thunder Signs Two-Time All-American Puikkonen
- Former Benet Academy Standout Boylan Coming Home