Thunder Re-Signs Radovic
November 8, 2002 - United States Professional Volleyball League (USPV) - Chicago Thunder News Release
OAKBROOK TERRACE, ILL., NOVEMBER 8, 2002_ The Chicago Thunder, a member of United States Professional Volleyball (USPV), announced a pair of roster moves today.
The team has re-signed outside hitter Tanja Radovic (Vukovar, Croatia, University of Arkansas-Little Rock). Radovic appeared in seven matches for the Thunder last season. At UALR, Radovic was named the 2001 Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year.
The team also announced the signing of former Ohio State star Anne Botica (Windsor, Ontario).
Botica, a 6-foot-1 outside hitter, was an All-Big Ten Conference selection in 2001 and finished her career at Ohio State with 1,151 kills.
The Thunder opens its 2003 season Friday, January 10, 2003 in Rochester, Minn. against defending USPV champion Minnesota in a rematch of last years USPV Championship Series.
Chicago opens the home portion of its season Sunday, January 12 against St. Louis at Saint Xavier Universitys Shannon Center. The Thunder will play all of its home matches this season at the Shannon Center.
• Discuss this story on the United States Professional Volleyball League message board...
United States Professional Volleyball League Stories from November 8, 2002
- Chill Signs Former St. Louis Outside Hitter-Libero Marshall - Minnesota Chill
- Thunder Re-Signs Radovic - Chicago Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Thunder Stories
- Thunder Re-Signs Radovic
- Former Mother McAuley Star Katie Schumacher Coming Home To Play for Thunder
- Former University Of Pacific Standout Shinn-Hardcastle Signs With Thunder
- Thunder Signs Two-Time All-American Puikkonen
- Former Benet Academy Standout Boylan Coming Home