Former Benet Academy Standout Boylan Coming Home
October 23, 2002 - United States Professional Volleyball League (USPV) - Chicago Thunder News Release
OAKBROOK TERRACE, ILL., OCTOBER 23, 2002_ The Chicago Thunder, a, member of United States Professional Volleyball (USPV), today announced the signing of former Benet Academy and Notre Dame University standout setter Denise Boylan.
Last season, Boylan, a Lisle, Ill. resident, was part of a Minnesota Chill team that won the USPV championship.
At Notre Dame, Boylan was the 2000 Big East Conference Player of the Year and was the Gatordade Circle of Champions National Player of the Year as a senior at Benet Academy in Lisle, Ill.
The Thunder opens its second season Friday, January 10, 2003 in Rochester, Minn. against the Minnesota Chill in a rematch of last seasons USPV Championship Series.
The Thunder will play its entire 10-match, weekend-weighted schedule at Saint Xavier Universitys Shannon Center. The Thunders home opener is Sunday, January 12 at 2 p.m. against the St. Louis Quest.
• Discuss this story on the United States Professional Volleyball League message board...
United States Professional Volleyball League Stories from October 23, 2002
- Force Signs Former Two-Time All-American McFarland - Grand Rapids Force
- Former Benet Academy Standout Boylan Coming Home - Chicago Thunder
- Clark Re-Signs With Quest - St. Louis Quest
- Force Re-Signs Former Ferris Star VanderMolen - Grand Rapids Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Thunder Stories
- Thunder Re-Signs Radovic
- Former Mother McAuley Star Katie Schumacher Coming Home To Play for Thunder
- Former University Of Pacific Standout Shinn-Hardcastle Signs With Thunder
- Thunder Signs Two-Time All-American Puikkonen
- Former Benet Academy Standout Boylan Coming Home