Three Things to Know: Nashville SC vs. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
NASHVILLE - The Boys in Gold have already produced a week's worth of drama.
After winning on Tuesday with a deflected goal in stoppage time and clinching a USL Championship playoff berth Wednesday, Nashville SC is back at it Saturday to take on Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC. Kickoff at First Tennessee Park is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT, presented by AMI.
Tuesday's win placed Nashville in third in the Eastern Conference standings, but the top of the standings is crowded with clubs within a few points of one another. The start of the playoffs is in sight, and each matchup moving forward has major playoff implications. That begins this Saturday at First Tennessee Park.
Here are three things to know about the match:
1 ) Fan-Friendly Pricing
First Tennessee Park is the place to be this Saturday with great deals on tickets, merch and concessions. For all three remaining home matches at the stadium, fans can take advantage of low prices on their match-day favorites including $2 32 oz. Souvenir Sodas, $5 draft beers, $25 and $40 merch grab bags and $5 standing room only tickets for Saturday's match. Click here for more information on fan-friendly pricing.
2) Climbing the Ladder
Nashville SC currently sits in third in the Eastern Conference with 54 points, holding on to a top-four playoff spot, which would guarantee a home playoff match. A win Saturday could push the club to as high as first place depending on other results. However, a loss could see Nashville SC fall into a tie for fourth place with Pittsburgh. With so few matches left in the season, every point counts, and Nashville SC will look to put pressure on the top clubs with a victory.
3) Ryan James Returns
Saturday will mark the return of former Nashville SC Defender Ryan James to First Tennessee Park, the first time he'll return since departing the club at the conclusion of last season. James, who now plays for Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC, started 11 matches with Nashville SC, totaling 30 clearances and notching 32 interceptions in his 16 appearances. James has excelled with Pittsburgh after reuniting with his former head coach Bob Lilley. He has two assists on the year to go along with 65 interceptions. The Canadian left back might feel a bit at home this Saturday, but Nashville SC will look to make sure it isn't an ideal homecoming.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 20, 2019
- Orange County SC Look for Revenge in Tulsa - Orange County SC
- Atlanta United 2 Mutually Parts Ways with Diego Lopez - Atlanta United 2
- North Carolina FC Set to Travel to Rival Charleston Battery on Sunday - North Carolina FC
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC vs. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Visits Rio Grande Valley FC on Saturday - Real Monarchs SLC
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Avenge Early-Season Draw with Fresno - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC Set for Downtown Memphis Showdown with Saint Louis FC Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Signs Academy Product Ryan Spaulding - North Carolina FC
- Preview: Athletic Travels North of the Border to Start Road Trip - Hartford Athletic
- Chevron Soccer Academy Returns to Fresno County this Weekend - Fresno FC
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Heads South to Face Birmingham Legion FC - Indy Eleven
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Mecklenburg County Host American Legion Memorial Stadium Ground Breaking Ceremony - Charlotte Independence
- North Carolina FC to Hold Food Drive with Aetna and Inter-Faith Food Shuttle on October 5 - North Carolina FC
- Three Things: Ottawa 1 - 0 Rowdies - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Locks in No. 2 Seed in Eastern Conference
- Pickens Wins Golden Glove and Sits Atop USL Championship with 14 Clean Sheets
- Nashville Moves into First Place with Win in Final Regular Season Match
- How to Follow: Nashville SC vs. Atlanta United 2
- Nashville SC Looking to Continue Strong Run in Playoff Tune-Up vs. Atlanta United 2