Thorns FC Midfielder Angela Salem Undergoes Successful Surgery for Knee Injury
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Thorns FC announced today that midfielder Angela Salem has undergone successful surgery at Sports Medicine Oregon to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in her left knee. Salem will conduct her rehabilitation with Thorns FC sports medicine staff at Providence Park and at the Providence Sports Care Center and will miss the remainder of the 2019 season.
In her second season with Portland in 2019, Salem has appeared in eight matches (2 starts) since joining Thorns FC ahead of the 2018 season. During her NWSL career, Salem has played in 110 career matches (100 starts), tallying one goal and one assist.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Head West to Face Utah Royals FC - Sky Blue FC
- Thorns FC Midfielder Angela Salem Undergoes Successful Surgery for Knee Injury - Portland Thorns FC
- Reign FC Add Two to Roster in Advance of Spirit Clash this Saturday Night - Reign FC
- Preview: Utah Royals FC Faces Sky Blue FC - Utah Royals FC
- Three Points: Dash Host the Pride for the Second Time this Season - Houston Dash
- Houston Dash Announce Time Change for Game against Sky Blue FC - Houston Dash
- Preview: Orlando Pride Heads to Houston for Saturday Match - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Thorns FC Stories
- Thorns FC Weekly Update: August 22, 2019
- Thorns FC Register 3-1 Win over Washington Spirit
- Thorns FC Weekly Update: August 15, 2019
- Thorns FC Earn 2-1 Win over North Carolina Courage in Front of Largest Crowd in NWSL History
- Thorns FC Fall 1-0 on the Road to Reign FC