Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Head West to Face Utah Royals FC
Howell, N.J. - After a two week break, Sky Blue FC (0-5-2, 2 Points) is back as they head west to face Utah Royals FC for the first time this season on Saturday, June 15 at 10 p.m. ET at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah.
The match will be streamed live on Yahoo Sports and in the NWSL app. International fans can watch on NWSLsoccer.com.
Sky Blue sits in eighth place in the National Women's Soccer League standings, one point ahead of the Orlando Pride and eight points behind Reign FC. The Royals sit in third with a 4-2-1 record and 13 points. The all-time record for Sky Blue FC against Utah Royals FC is 0-2-1.
Sky Blue FC has scored five goals this season, two each from Carli Lloyd and Raquel Rodriguez and one from Imani Dorsey. Multiple players have linked up in the scoring effort as Rodriguez, Sarah Killion, Amandine Pierre-Louis and Savannah McCaskill have all notched an assist.
"I think everyone is excited to get back into the swing of things," stated Goalkeeper Didi Haracic. "The past two weeks have been heavy, hardworking, and demanding. We're looking forward to playing in an amazing atmosphere and seeing our hard work pay off."
Utah is coming off a road loss against the Washington Spirit in Boyds, Maryland on June 2. The 2-0 loss to the Spirit snapped a nine-game scoring steak, the longest in Royals team history.
The Royals have only allowed five goals in their seven games this year but have struggled on the offensive side, with their 75 total shots ranking eighth in the NWSL. The player to watch will be forward Amy Rodriguez, who has 22 total shots and four goals out of the six scored on the season for the Royals. She currently sits in second for most goals in the league.
Utah will be missing several key players in their lineup due to the World Cup. Kelley O'Hara (USA), Christen Press (USA), Becky Sauerbrunn (USA), Katie Bowen (NZL), Rachel Corsie (SCO), and Desiree Scott (CAN) are all competing in the group stage matches with their respective national teams.
Sky Blue FC vs. Utah Royals FC Rewind
Last time Sky Blue FC faced the Royals was on August 18, 2018, ending in a 2-2 draw at Yurcak Field. After an early lead by Sky Blue, Utah gained one back on an own goal in the 57th minute. The game ended with a stoppage time goal by Amy Rodriguez in the 94th minute.
After Saturday's matchup with Utah, Sky Blue FC is back at home to face the Orlando Pride at Yurcak Field in Piscataway, N.J. on June 22 at 7 p.m. ET for Pride Celebration Night. Afterwards, Sky Blue will head to the Midwest to face the Chicago Red Stars at SeatGeek Stadium on July 6, at 8 p.m. ET.
Tickets to all Sky Blue FC home games are available now by calling 888-SBFC-TIX or by visiting skybluefc.com. All fans at the game will receive a Sky Blue FC gameday program with player poster insert.
Season Ticket Memberships are still available. Call 888-SBFC-TIX today to learn about our No Unused Ticket Policy. All memberships receive an exclusive 2019 Season Ticket Membership scarf.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Head West to Face Utah Royals FC - Sky Blue FC
- Thorns FC Midfielder Angela Salem Undergoes Successful Surgery for Knee Injury - Portland Thorns FC
- Reign FC Add Two to Roster in Advance of Spirit Clash this Saturday Night - Reign FC
- Preview: Utah Royals FC Faces Sky Blue FC - Utah Royals FC
- Three Points: Dash Host the Pride for the Second Time this Season - Houston Dash
- Houston Dash Announce Time Change for Game against Sky Blue FC - Houston Dash
- Preview: Orlando Pride Heads to Houston for Saturday Match - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Sky Blue FC's Carli Lloyd Becomes NJ Youth Soccer Ambassador
- Hoy's Stoppage Time Heroics Lifts Sky Blue FC over Utah Royals FC
- Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Return Home for Their Second Meeting against Utah Royals FC
- Rodriguez and Hoy Goals Lift Sky Blue FC over Chicago for First Win of the Season
- Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Return to Action against the Chicago Red Stars