The Forecast: Central Valley Fuego FC v Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC
WINDSOR, Colo. - It is time for the third and final round of the Ice & Fire Cup as Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC travels to Fresno to face Central Valley Fuego FC. The clubs have each won one of the first two matchups.
Central Valley spent the mid-week on a trip to North Carolina FC, losing 2-1. With the loss, the Fuego are two points behind Northern Colorado with a game in hand. Because of the game in hand, this is a crucial six-pointer for both sides' playoff hopes.
Forward Christian Chaney has been one of the key contributors for the Fuego this season, scoring eight goals, including one in the North Carolina match Wednesday. Chaney is the only player at the club with 10 G+A this year.
The Hailstorm have picked up 10 points in their last five matches. Making them one of the hottest teams in the league at just the right time. The team has also picked up points on five of their previous six road trips.
Northern Colorado's Destan Norman has put up impressive distribution numbers this season. The midfielder has completed 83.6% of his passes and 77% in the opponent's half of the field. In 22 appearances, he has won over 55% of duels.
The kickoff will be at 8:30 p.m. MDT/7:30 p.m. PDT at Fresno State Soccer Stadium in Fresno, California. Expect it to be in the high 70s with clear skies for the match. This game, as with all USL League One games this season, will be broadcast on ESPN+.
The future home of Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC, 118-acre Future Legends Complex will feature 6,500-seat TicketSmarter Stadium, 2,500-seat Future Legends Field, multiple baseball diamonds, multi-purpose fields, an indoor sports arena, lodging, and retail; and will host guests for major sports tournaments, events, leagues, and more.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from September 30, 2022
- Match Preview: Greenville Triumph v FC Tucson - Greenville Triumph SC
- Union Omaha Signs Former Real Salt Lake Academy Goalkeeper Christian Eduardo Olivares - Union Omaha
- Central Valley Fuego FC to Host Fan Appreciation Night at Fresno State Soccer Stadium on October 1 - Central Valley Fuego FC
- NCFC to Conclude Season Series against Union Omaha Saturday - North Carolina FC
- The Forecast: Central Valley Fuego FC v Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC - Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC Stories
- Rogers Nominated for League One Individual Awards
- Rogers and Parra Name to League One All-League Teams
- The Indoor Sports Dome Is Up
- Olsen Wins Second Save of the Week
- Norman Wins Goal of the Week