TFC Academy Teams Finish ECNL South Carolina National Event Undefeated
STATESBORO, Ga. - South Georgia Tormenta FC impressed at the ECNL (Elite Clubs National League) South Carolina National Event from Dec. 11-13 in Greer, South Carolina, with the TFC 2007 Boys and TFC 2008 Boys each recording undefeated records during the showcase.
The 2007 Boys side recorded three wins over the weekend, earning a 2-0 win against Charlotte Independence South, a 4-1 win against South Carolina United and a 4-2 win against Charlotte Independence Pro. Meanwhile, the 2008 Boys team earned two wins, a 4-1 win against FC Alliance and a 4-0 win against CESA RL, and one draw, a 4-4 tie against Charlotte Independence South.
"Tormenta FC Academy is very appreciative of the opportunity the ECNL gave us this weekend to participate in the Boys South Carolina ECNL Event," Brad Nein, TFC Academy Director of Operations, said. "Our U13 and U14 Boys teams faced and overcame challenges participating at the top level of competition and player development in the country. Our teams concluded the weekend with a combined record of five wins and one tie, further cementing our club stature as an organization that can compete and find success with the top youth teams in the country. Huge thank-you to the ECNL as we look forward to future opportunities to participate against your member organizations."
The two Tormenta FC teams are the first to compete in an ECNL event, while the club becomes just the second USL League One organization to play in an ECNL event, joining Chattanooga Red Wolves SC.
The invitation to compete in the ECNL event, alongside the new Academy team formed to compete in the USL Academy League in the spring of 2021, further demonstrates Tormenta FC becoming a premier youth organization in the Southeast.
Fans and families wanting to stay updated on all TFC Academy events, news and stories should follow TFC Academy on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for updates.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from December 14, 2020
- TFC Academy Girls Teams Win USYS South Carolina State Cup Titles - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Triumph Sign Veteran Attacker Don Smart - Greenville Triumph SC
- TFC Academy Teams Finish ECNL South Carolina National Event Undefeated - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Portland Pro Soccer Drops 'Forest City' Capsule Collection - USL1
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Georgia Tormenta FC Stories
- Tormenta FC Signs FC Dallas Homegrown Carlos Avilez
- Tormenta FC Bolsters Defense with Nick O'Callaghan
- Second Tormenta FC Boys Training Center Program Rescheduled for February 28
- Tormenta FC, Optim Health System Host EMT Collaboration
- Tormenta FC Signs Forward Clayton Adams