Texas' Dwayne Jones Signs with Golden State
NEW YORK, April 17, 2013 - The Golden State Warriors today signed Texas Legends forward Dwayne Jones for the 36th GATORADE Call-Up of the 2012-13 NBA Development League season. Jones joins 129 players with NBA D-League experience currently on NBA rosters.
Jones (6-11, 250, St. Joseph's) has appeared in 21 regular-season games for the Legends this season, averaging 8.8 points, 12.6 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.1 blocks and 30.5 minutes. He recorded 14 double-digit rebound games and strung together four consecutive double-doubles (March 17 -March 24).
Jones has appeared in 82 NBA games over five seasons, averaging 1.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 7.8 minutes over stints with Boston, Cleveland, Charlotte and Phoenix. He last appeared in the NBA for the Suns in the 2009-10 season.
He is expected to join the Warriors today and be available when the team takes on the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Garden in Portland at 10:30 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 17, 2013
- Warriors Take Game One 106-101 - Austin Spurs
- Texas' Dwayne Jones Signs with Golden State - Texas Legends
- Texas' Dwayne Jones Signs with Golden State - G League
- Willie Reed Signs with the Memphis Grizzlies - Springfield Armor
- Springfield's Willie Reed Signs with Memphis Grizzlies - G League
- Golden State Warriors Sign Scott Machado for Remainder of Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Guard/Forward Ron Howard Receives 2013 Jason Collier Sportsmanship Award - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.