Tarantulas Win First Home Game in Franchise History!
Finally a home win. The Tarantulas won 4-3 over Oklahoma City in a shoot-out. The Blazers got on the board first in the 2nd period but Topeka came back with a goal by Cosmo Dupaul with 1:31 left in the 2nd.
Topeka got on the board first in the 3rd period with a goal by Vin Hellemeyer in his first game with the Tarantulas. It was followed up by a goal by Tab Lardner making the score 3-1. But the Blazers rallied back with a goal with 5:26 left. Oklahoma City pulled their goalie and came up with a goal by Bryan Forslund with 10 seconds left in the game.
The game went into OT. No goal was scored, so they went into a shootout. The Blazer's first shooter Pat Hallett scored. Topeka finally scored with their 4th shooter Cosmo Dupaul. It went into sudden death with Peter Robertson scoring the game winning goal against his former team.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2004
- RiverKings win in shoot-out - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bees Kralj Past Rayz - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Cotton Kings cruise by Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Tarantulas Win First Home Game in Franchise History! - Topeka Tarantulas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.