Tampa Bay Rowdies Confirm Three Positive COVID-19 Tests
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Rowdies announced today that Head Coach Neill Collins and two additional members of the club's covered persons list have tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss Sunday's USL Championship Final against Phoenix Rising FC (8:30 p.m. ET | ESPN).
Collins and the two additional covered persons were immediately isolated at home and are recovering in good spirits under the care of team physicians and infectious disease experts. All league, local and state health and wellness protocols continue to be followed.
Upon receiving the results, all Rowdies players, staff and executives underwent urgent rapid testing at the medical facilities of Major League Baseball's Tampa Bay Rays, with the results yielding zero additional positive tests.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 30, 2020
- Shelby County Schools Partners with Memphis 901 FC for High School Girls Soccer Showcase - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC, Defender Drew Beckie, Midfielders Moses Makinde, Saeed Robinson, Mutually Agree to Part Ways - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Confirm Three Positive COVID-19 Tests - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Bruno Lapa Signs New Multi-Year Deal with Legion FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Rowdies' Tejada Named in Panama Squad to Face Japan - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Trio of Reno Players Headed to Minnesota United FC of MLS - Reno 1868 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.