Rowdies' Tejada Named in Panama Squad to Face Japan
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Rowdies' Juan Tejada will have at least one more game to look forward to after this Sunday's USL Championship Final.
On Monday, Tejada was named in the Panama National Team's squad that is scheduled to face Japan in an international exhibition on November 13 at the Graz Liebenauer stadium in Graz, Austria.
The 23-year-old has previously represented Panama at the U-23 level. Tejada arrived in Florida from his home country originally to compete at IMG Academy, and then had a standout collegiate career at Eckerd College. Last year he joined the professional ranks with the Rowdies and has recorded 12 goals and two assists in 46 appearances for the club.
Tejada and the Rowdies will face Phoenix Rising FC on Sunday night in the 2020 USL Championship Final. Kickoff at Al Lang Stadium is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET and the game will air live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and SiriusXM FC.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 30, 2020
- Shelby County Schools Partners with Memphis 901 FC for High School Girls Soccer Showcase - Memphis 901 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC, Defender Drew Beckie, Midfielders Moses Makinde, Saeed Robinson, Mutually Agree to Part Ways - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Tampa Bay Rowdies Confirm Three Positive COVID-19 Tests - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Bruno Lapa Signs New Multi-Year Deal with Legion FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Rowdies' Tejada Named in Panama Squad to Face Japan - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Trio of Reno Players Headed to Minnesota United FC of MLS - Reno 1868 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.