T2 Fall 2-1 to OKC Energy FC at Providence Park Wednesday Night
PORTLAND, Ore. - Playing the first of a two-game homestand, T2 fell 2-1 to OKC Energy FC at Providence Park on Wednesday night, as part of Cancer Survivor Night. Forward Foster Langsdorf tallied his team-leading sixth goal of 2018, as T2 lost for the first time this season at Providence Park.
Goalkeeper Austin Pack made his USL debut, while defender Marco Farfan, on loan from the Portland Timbers, made his 2018 USL debut in 90 minutes of action.
OKC Energy FC (3-10-1, 10pts) took the early lead in the sixth minute after forward Jaime Siaj capitalized on a Portland turnover, sending his finish from the center of the box past Pack.
Holding a 21-8 shot advantage in the match, T2 nearly answered back two minutes later after midfielder Renzo Zambrano was first to a blocked shot in front of goal, but his off-balance shot was collected by OKC goalkeeper Matt Van Oekel.
Continuing to apply pressure, midfielder Jack Barmby, making his sixth start of 2018, fired a shot from the left edge of the 18-yard box that missed wide past the far post in the 24th minute. Three minutes later, a long ball from defender Arturo Diz Pe found midfielder Marvin Loría on the edge of the penalty area. Loría flicked it to forward Augustine Williams, whose toe-poked shot missed inches past the post in the 27th minute.
In the 35th minute, Loría brought the ball down on the left edge of the penalty area, swiveling and forcing Van Oekel into a save at his near post.
After Langsdorf was fouled inside the penalty area to begin the second half, the Timbers Homegrown product stepped up to the penalty spot and sent Van Oekel the wrong way in the 49th minute to convert his second penalty kick of 2018.
Energy FC scored the game-winning goal in the 62nd minute after OKC defender Christian Ibeagha headed in Philip Rasmussen's corner-kick service from the center of the six-yard box.
Skipping past his defender on the left edge of the penalty area, Williams' curling shot was saved by Van Oekel in the 75th minute.
T2 nearly equalized late when Farfan was played into space on the left wing by Loría, picking out Langsdorf in the center of the six-yard box, but his header was saved by Van Oekel in the 90th minute. Two minutes later, Zambrano separated from his defender at the top of the 18-yard box, striking his low shot inches past the far post.
Next up, T2 close out a two-match homestand when they play host to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC at Merlo Field on Sunday, June 17. Beginning at 2 p.m. (Pacific), the match against Switchbacks FC will be streamed live on ESPN+.
T2 (8-5-2, 26pts) vs. OKC Energy FC (3-10-1, 10pts)
June 13, 2018 - Providence Park (Portland, Ore.)
Goals by Half 1 2 F
T2 0 1 1
OKC Energy FC 1 1 2
OKC: Siaj (Alhassan), 6
POR: Langsdorf (Penalty kick), 48
OKC: Ibeagha (Rasmussen), 62
OKC: Ibeagha (Caution), 90
POR: GK Pack, D Mulligan (Smith, 79), D Diz Pe, D Batista (Hanson, 84), D Farfan, M Lewis, M Zambrano ?©, M Loría, M Langsdorf, M Barmby (Vuelto, 71), F Williams
Substitutes Not Used: GK Mangels, D Ornstil, D Phillips, F Jambga
TOTAL SHOTS: 21 (Williams, 6); SHOTS ON GOAL: 6 (Langsdorf, Williams, 2); FOULS: 12 (Williams, 3); OFFSIDES: 4; CORNER KICKS: 8; SAVES: 0
OKC: GK Van Oekel, D R. Dixon, D Ibeagha, D Beckie, D McLaws, M Rasmussen, M Ross, M Alhassan (Barril, 67), M Brown, F Atuahene (Gonzalez, 89), F Siaj (H. Dixon, 73)
Substitutes Not Used: GK Byars, D Hyland, M Chavez, M Kraft
TOTAL SHOTS: 8 (Atuahene, 2); SHOTS ON GOAL: 2 (Ibeagha, Siaj, 1); FOULS: 10 (Ibeagha, McLaws, 2); OFFSIDES: 4; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 5
Referee: Jeff Arthurholtz
Assistant Referees: Andrew Marihart, Sya Magee
4th Official: Miles Crumley
Weather: Cloudy, 66 degrees
All statistics contained in this box score are unofficial
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Roughnecks in Phoenix Saturday for Rematch with Rising FC - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Game Preview: FC Cincinnati vs. Richmond Kickers - FC Cincinnati
- Indy Eleven Travels to New York to Face Toronto FC II - Indy Eleven
- Beginning Tonight, Lights FC Shifts Open-To-The-Public Practices to Evenings at Kellogg-Zaher Soccer Complex - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. New York Red Bulls II - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Independence Legend, MLS Standout Enzo Martinez to be Recognized Saturday - Charlotte Independence
- Goalkeeper Crepeau Voted USL Player of the Month - Ottawa Fury FC
- Ottawa's Crepeau Voted USL Player of the Month - USL
- USL Welcomes Turf Tank to Preferred Supplier Program - USL
- STLFC Partners with Red Robin - Saint Louis FC
- Lights FC Can't Find the Magic in 4-0 Loss to Phoenix Rising FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- T2 Fall 2-1 to OKC Energy FC at Providence Park Wednesday Night - Portland Timbers 2
- Republic FC Defeat Fresno FC 1-0 in Their First-Ever USL Matchup - Sacramento Republic FC
- Los Zorros Fall to Sacramento Republic FC in Highway 99 Derby - Fresno FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Falls 3-2 at Swope Park Rangers - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers 2 Stories
- T2 Earn 2-0 Road Victory against Swope Park Rangers Saturday
- T2 Fall 4-1 to Phoenix Rising FC at Providence Park Sunday
- T2 Announce Time Change for Sunday Home Match against Phoenix Rising FC
- T2 Earn 2-2 Road Draw against Orange County SC Wednesday
- T2 Defeat La Galaxy II 4-3 on the Road Saturday