USL Welcomes Turf Tank to Preferred Supplier Program
June 14, 2018 - United Soccer League (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - The United Soccer Leagues, LLC, announced today it had entered a multi-year partnership with Turf Tank as its Official GPS Paint Robot and Field Marking Service Supplier for all related properties, including the United Soccer League, USL's Division III, the Premier Development League (PDL) and the Super Y League. The deal also includes a partnership that establishes U.S. Specialty Coatings to become the organization's Official Field Paint Supplier.
Turf Tank is the exclusive North American distributor of the innovative "Intelligent One" (ION), the world's first and most comprehensive autonomous GPS paint robot. The landmark hardware and easy-to-use software platform is designed to perform consistent and accurate line-marking for numerous sports, including soccer. Turf Tank's joint venture partner, Intelligent Marking, holds patented design and technology features that eliminates the need for a manual operator while increasing precision and sustainability on natural grass or artificial turf fields. Turf Tank's sales and affiliate network will be offering special preferred pricing to the USL and its clubs as it relates to acquisition of a GPS paint robot, field marking paint, other related sports field products, and contracted line marking services.
"Game presentation is one of the most important features of a gameday experience for a fan, and the addition of Turf Tank to the USL's Preferred Supplier Program offers the league and its teams access to cutting-edge technology that will ensure its field markings are looking sharp for every game of the season," said USL President Jake Edwards. "We are looking forward to the extent of capabilities and solutions that come from this partnership and are thrilled to bring on a company that can positively impact the way our clubs are perceived by fans both at venues or watching the league's broadcasts."
"We are ecstatic about our newly formed partnership with the USL, as they mirror our commitment to provide a world-class suite of products and services for their community network," said Turf Tank President Jason Aldridge. "Our goal as a company is to help every sport-related organization discover innovative ways to save time, reduce cost, maximize labor productivity and increase overall quality as it relates to sports field line marking. We have been diligent to establish ourselves as a brand and solution which organizations can trust, including non-profit clubs, high schools, colleges, municipalities and professional venues for Major League Soccer, the National Football League and Major League Lacrosse. The United Soccer League is now a perfect part of that strategy which we are very thankful." The USL will oversee the expansion of an estimated 30-40 new franchises at the second and third divisions of professional soccer over the next five years, which will create opportunities for potential suppliers and vendors to support this growth.
Through its Preferred Supplier Program, the USL connects suppliers with new franchise owners and existing USL clubs in order to deliver the best possible experience for fans across North America. Preferred suppliers are "Best in Class" companies that provide services and products to professional franchises and stadium developers and must meet the USL's strict quality standards. The USL is currently in discussions with suppliers that support stadium development, as well as the buildout of team front offices and operations.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Roughnecks in Phoenix Saturday for Rematch with Rising FC - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Game Preview: FC Cincinnati vs. Richmond Kickers - FC Cincinnati
- Indy Eleven Travels to New York to Face Toronto FC II - Indy Eleven
- Beginning Tonight, Lights FC Shifts Open-To-The-Public Practices to Evenings at Kellogg-Zaher Soccer Complex - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Preview: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. New York Red Bulls II - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Independence Legend, MLS Standout Enzo Martinez to be Recognized Saturday - Charlotte Independence
- Goalkeeper Crepeau Voted USL Player of the Month - Ottawa Fury FC
- Ottawa's Crepeau Voted USL Player of the Month - USL
- USL Welcomes Turf Tank to Preferred Supplier Program - USL
- STLFC Partners with Red Robin - Saint Louis FC
- Lights FC Can't Find the Magic in 4-0 Loss to Phoenix Rising FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- T2 Fall 2-1 to OKC Energy FC at Providence Park Wednesday Night - Portland Timbers 2
- Republic FC Defeat Fresno FC 1-0 in Their First-Ever USL Matchup - Sacramento Republic FC
- Los Zorros Fall to Sacramento Republic FC in Highway 99 Derby - Fresno FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Falls 3-2 at Swope Park Rangers - Real Monarchs SLC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.