T-Bones rained out Tuesday in Joliet
The Kansas City T-Bones went into Sunday's game against Gary riding a five-game winning streak. The streak is still intact, but for the wrong reasons. After rain postponed Sunday night's regular season home finale, the T-Bones were rained out for the second straight game Tuesday night, and will play a doubleheader against the Joliet JackHammers at Silver Cross Field in Joliet Wednesday night at 6:05 pm. Kansas City will now play two doubleheaders in the final five days of the regular season. Kansas City has yet to begin play in their seven-game road trip, their final set of games in the regular season before potentially beginning the playoffs next Tuesday. Going into action on Tuesday night, the T-Bones were 1/2 game ahead of Joliet in the East Division's second-half race.
Pitchers in Wednesday's 6:05 doubleheader, which is to consist of two seven-inning games, have yet to be determined.
With the T-Bones in the thick of the playoff hunt, the T-Bones are proud to announce that playoff tickets are currently available by calling (913)328-BALL (2255).
• Discuss this story on the Northern League message board...
Northern League Stories from August 29, 2006
- Vipers fall to RedHawks 6-4 - Calgary Vipers
- Edmonton eliminated from playoff race - Edmonton Capitals
- RailCats split doubleheader with Schaumburg - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Flyers win game one 1-0; drop second game 8-2 - Schaumburg Flyers
- JackHammers game canceled on Tuesday - Joliet JackHammers
- JackHammers rained out on Tuesday - Joliet JackHammers
- T-Bones rained out Tuesday in Joliet - Kansas City Monarchs
- Flyers postseason one week away, tickets on sale now - Schaumburg Flyers
- RedHawks clinch West Division second half title - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Northern League recap - NL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.