T-Birds To Appear On FSN Four Times This Season
The Western Hockey League (WHL) and FSN Northwest today announced a new multi-year broadcast agreement that will see FSN Northwest serve as the WHL's exclusive Pacific Northwest cable broadcast home starting with the current 2009-10 season through to the 2011-12 WHL season. FSN Northwest will broadcast a minimum of 10 WHL regular season games each year on their cable network.
The 2009-10 WHL on FSN Broadcast schedule will feature all five WHL U.S. based Clubs: Seattle Thunderbirds, Everett Silvertips, Portland Winterhawks, Spokane Chiefs and Tri-City Americans. The 2009-10 WHL on FSN television broadcast schedule begins Friday, January 8, as the Seattle Thunderbirds host U.S. Division rivals the Everett Silvertips at the ShoWare Center in Kent. This game will be broadcast starting at 9:30pm on a tape delay basis.
The WHL on FSN Northwest broadcasts will bring LIVE WHL action into 3.4 million homes across five U.S. states including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Alaska. The premier developmental League in Western Canada and the Northwest United States, the Western Hockey League will once again showcase the top rated NHL prospects throughout the season.
"Our new multi-year agreement with FSN Northwest is another indication of the tremendous growth the WHL is experiencing in the U.S. Pacific Northwest market," comment WHL Commissioner Ron Robison, "We look forward to showcasing our five U.S. based Clubs and the world's finest junior hockey talent to FSN audiences through the Western United States."
"We are proud to be able to bring the excitement of the WHL to all of our viewers across FSN Northwest's five- state region," stated Mark Jorgensen, Vice President/Station Manager of FSN Northwest. "The feedback we received from fans last season was tremendous, and we look forward to our enhanced partnership with the WHL for years to come."
2009-10 WHL on FSN Northwest Broadcast Schedule
Game 1 - Friday, January 8, 2010 - Everett @ Seattle, 9:30pm
Game 2* - Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - Portland @ Kamloops, 7:00pm
Game 3* - Friday, January 15, 2010 - Everett @ Chilliwack, 7:00pm
Game 4 - Friday, January 22, 2010 - Everett @ Portland, 7:30pm
Game 5 - Friday, January 29, 2010 - Seattle @ Spokane, 7:00pm
Game 6 - Friday, February 5, 2010 - Seattle @ Portland, 7:30pm
Game 7 - Friday, February 12, 2010 - Spokane @ Everett, 7:30pm
Game 8 - Friday, February 19, 2010 - Everett @ Tri-City, 7:00pm
Game 9* - Friday, March 5, 2010 - Seattle @ Kelowna, 7:00pm
Game 10 - Friday, March 12, 2010 - Tri-City @ Spokane, 11:00pm
* To also be broadcast in Western Canada on SHAW Cable
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 23, 2009
- T-Birds To Appear On FSN Four Times This Season - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Luke Walker Named To U.S. World Junior Team - Portland Winterhawks
- Blades Back To Sixth In CHL Rankings - Saskatoon Blades
- WHL And FSN Northwest Announce Multi-Year Broadcast Agreement - WHL
- Johnson Makes USA's Final Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- Saskatoon Blades Mid-Season Prospect Update - Saskatoon Blades
- WHL Western Conference Mid-Season Review - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Thunderbirds Stories
- Mekai Sanders to be Instructor at T-Birds Skills Camp
- T-Birds Announce 2019-20 Preseason Schedule
- T-Birds Sign Spencer Penner
- T-Birds Sign Kevin Korchinski
- T-Birds Sign Jordan Gustafson