T-Birds Dare You to Find a Better Way to Begin Your Memorial Day Weekend
KENT - The Seattle Thunderbirds will broadcast Game 5 of the 2017 WHL Championship on YouTube Premier on Friday, May 22, at 7pm.
As good as it gets Sports Fans. Tune into one of the top three most exciting and emotional wins in 45 years of T-Birds Hockey. Fans can watch Game 5 of the 2017 WHL Championship on YouTube. Fans can also watch the game by clicking on the embedded YouTube widget below. Fans can also go to our YouTube channel to watch the game as well as clicking on the YouTube link under the Media menu on our website.
Game 5 at accesso ShoWare Center was a sellout and the 6,223 fans in the building showed why you are the best fans in the WHL. You were loud, passionate and created a suffocating atmosphere for the visiting Regina Pats. The enthusiams and energy created by our fans both during and immediately following Game 5 propelled the T-Birds halfway across the country in pursuit of Game 6 and our first ever Western Hockey League Championship.
If you were there you will remember it! You might even see yourself going crazy in accesso Showare Center on TV. Tell your friends that it is as good as sports get on a Friday night in late May 2020. Grab the kids, maybe some adult beverages. Don't bother with the snacks as the game was so exciting you won't need them! If you weren't there May 12, 2017, it is so worth your time and we dare you to find a better way to begin your Memorial Day Weekend!!
Game 5 was the last game played at accesso ShoWare Center for several T-Birds that played in the NHL last season, including Mathew Barzal, (New York Islanders), Keegan Kolesar (Vegas Golden Knights), Ethan Bear (Edmonton Oilers), and Alexander True (San Jose Sharks). Barzal went on to win the NHL Rookie of the Year Award the season after playing his last home game as a T-Bird.
This was was also the last home game for Ryan Gropp (Hartford Wolf Pack) and co-captain Scott Eansor (Bridgeport Sound Tigers), both of whom went on to play in the AHL in the seasons following the WHL Championship. Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit (Iowa Wild) and Austin Strand (Ontario Reign) were both important players for the team on the run to the Championship and both played in the AHL last season.
Game 6 of the 2017 WHL Championship will be broadcast on YouTube Premier on Friday, May 29, at 7pm. We will post the link to watch Game 6 on YouTube next week.
The team broadcast the first game of the 2017 WHL Championship on Friday, April 24, and has broadcast a game every Friday thereafter. The first four games broadcast are all available to watch on the team's YouTube channel.
As part of the YouTube broadcasts the T-Birds are giving high school students in the Kent School District who have an interest in or are studying journalism, graphic design and video production the opportunity to be part of the team's promotion of the YouTube broadcasts as an extended learning opportunity. High school students have produced stories, graphics and video highlights that have been posted on the team's website and social media platforms during and after the YouTube broadcasts.
Images from this story
Seattle Thunderbirds in Game 5 of the 2017 WHL Championship
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 21, 2020
- Rooftop Rock, Drive-In Concert Experience, Moved to CN Centre - Prince George Cougars
- Western Hockey League Announces 2019-20 Award Winners - WHL
- T-Birds Dare You to Find a Better Way to Begin Your Memorial Day Weekend - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Jake Bean One of Three WHL Alumni Named to AHL All-Star Teams - Tri-City Americans
- WHL Alumni of the Week: Brandon Carlo, Tri-City Americans - Tri-City Americans
- Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Jay Fehr's Memorial Cup Semi Final Goal - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Western Hockey League Announces Spokane Chiefs Forward Adam Beckman as Recipient of Four Broncos Memorial Trophy - WHL
- Adam Beckman Named WHL Player of the Year - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Thunderbirds Stories
- Two T-Birds Selected in 2020 NHL Draft
- T-Birds and KIRO 7 TV Partner for Weekly Hockey 101 Series Starting Friday
- T-Birds Sign Sawyer Mynio
- T-Birds Select Samuel Knazko in First Round of CHL Import Draft
- Jordan Gustafson and Kevin Korchinski Named to Team Canada U-17 Development Camp