Syracuse Chiefs Charitable Foundation, Inc Makes $5,000 Donation to Cancer Research Fund
Syracuse, NY - The Syracuse Chiefs Charitable Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)3 corporation, today presented a check in the amount of $5,000 to the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund of Central New York.
The donation is the result of a year-long partnership between the two organizations that was highlighted by Breast Cancer Awareness Night on July 20 at Alliance Bank Stadium. The Syracuse Chiefs hosted a "Pink Cocktail Party" fundraiser in the Hank Sauer Room during that evening's game against the Norfolk Tides. Among the highlights of the cocktail party was a visit from actor Billy Baldwin, who joined his mother Carol M. Baldwin, in thanking Chiefs fans in attendance for their support.
In addition, volunteers from the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund also sold breast cancer awareness merchandise, including bracelets, t-shirts, flip-flops, lanyards, and rings, on the main concourse during every Chiefs home game this season.
"We applaud the outstanding efforts of the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund," said Chiefs General Manager John Simone. "It is an honor to work with one of the premiere non-profit organizations in this area to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research."
"I would like to thank the Syracuse Chiefs and the Syracuse Chiefs Charitable Foundation for their commitment to finding a cure for breast cancer," said Elizabeth Baldwin, Executive Director of the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund. "This has been a very successful partnership for the last several years and we look forward to working together for many years to come."
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from November 13, 2012
- Syracuse Chiefs Charitable Foundation, Inc Makes $5,000 Donation to Cancer Research Fund - Syracuse Chiefs
- Red Wings Begin Holiday Shopping Season Saturday at Eastview Mall - Rochester Red Wings
- Rich Baseball Operations President Jonathan A. Dandes Named "Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser" - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB's "Big Reveal" & Red Cross Partner for Sandy Relief - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Hire Michael Tricarico as New Broadcast Assistant
- New Safety Netting to be installed at NBT Bank Stadium
- Syracuse Salt Potatoes vs. Rochester Plates
- Syracuse Chiefs Release 2018 Promotional Schedule: Season of Central New York
- Syracuse Chiefs to Introduce "Season of Central New York" at Open House, Sat., March 3