Sundogs Send Three Players to AHL Camps
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Arizona Sundogs Hockey Club, proud member of the Central Hockey League, announced today that three of its players will be attending American Hockey League (AHL) training camps starting next week.
Second-year player Joey Sides will skate in Colorado Avalanche triple-A affiliate the Lake Erie Monsters' training camp for the second straight season while forwards Chase Watson and Jason Williams will attend the training camp of Philadelphia Flyers triple-A affiliate the Adirondack Phantoms.
"Our organization has always placed a strong emphasis on player development," said Sundogs Head Coach and General Manager Marco Pietroniro. "We're excited for these three players to get a look at the American Hockey League level and we wish them the best during their time with the triple-A clubs."
Sides, 24, appeared in 59 games for Arizona during his rookie season in 2009-10, tallying 38 points and 100 PIM. His plus-6 rating led all active players on the Sundogs roster and his 18 goals were tied for third-most on the team. The Sun Valley, Idaho, native finished fourth overall in scoring among CHL rookies.
Watson, 27, comes to the Sundogs after stints in the ECHL and IHL in 2009-10. In 32 games with the ECHL's Johnstown Chiefs and Reading Royals last season, Watson collected three goals, six assists and 16 penalty minutes (PIM). In 16 games with the IHL's Bloomington PrairieThunder, the 6-foot, 195-pound forward netted eight assists and 11 PIM.
Williams, 24, looks to begin his professional playing career with the Sundogs after a four-year stint at Colgate University (NCAA). The 5-foot-10, 195-pound forward appeared in 153 games during his collegiate career - tied for third in school history - collecting 26 goals, 36 assists and 126 penalty minutes (PIM). During his senior year at Colgate in 2009-10, Williams ranked tied-for-10th nationally with two shorthanded goals.
The Sundogs will celebrate their fifth season in the Central Hockey League beginning this October at Tim's Toyota Center in Prescott Valley. Season ticket packages are available for as low as $295. For more information call (928) 759-6600 or visit www.arizonasundogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from September 22, 2010
- Eagles Tickets Go on Sale This Saturday - Colorado Eagles
- Mr. Franchise, Chad Woollard, Returns Home to Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Sign Goaltender Zane Kalemba - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Send Three Players to AHL Camps - Arizona Sundogs
- Defenseman Inman Joins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Acquire Rookie Goaltender Jarosz; Lehtinen Accepts Job at Northern Michigan University - Arizona Sundogs
- Four More Ink Pacts with IceMen - Evansville IceMen
- Altitude to Broadcast Eagles' Military Appreciation Game - Colorado Eagles
- Jackalopes in the Midst of Busy Week in the Community - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Strengthen Defense with Crum - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Sign Four More for 2010-11 Season - Rapid City Rush
- Riley Weselowski Completes Marathon for Ryan Christian Love Fund - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.