Defenseman Inman Joins Mallards
MOLINE, Ill. (September 22, 2010) - The Quad City Mallards of the "AA" Central Hockey League today announced they have signed defenseman David Inman. Per club policy, no contract terms were announced.
Inman, 23, scored 17 goals and totaled 33 points in 19 games while helping Moskitos Essen to a German Regionalliga title as a rookie last season.
"David Inman has a great shot, passes the puck well and has a desire to make his mark in pro hockey," said Mallards Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Frank Anzalone. "Last season he regained his confidence playing overseas. He played Division I hockey at Yale following time with the U.S. National Development Program in Ann Arbor. He will challenge for a spot on defense."
Over four seasons at Yale Inman collected four points in 58 games. During two years with the National Team Development Program, the 6' 0", 211-pound San Diego native played for both the U.S. Under-17 and Under-18 teams.
Inman joins Obi Aduba, Phil Axtell, David Brown, Mike Byrd, Nick DeCroo, Dustin DeGagne, Jason Dolgy, Mark Ehl, Joel Gasper, Eric Giosa, Mike Hartwick, Pat Inglis, David Inman, Tyler Kindle, Kirill Kitsyn, Jason Kostadine, Patrik Levesque, Shane Lovdahl, Brandon Marino, Maxime Mathieu, Mike McLean, Darren McMillan, Greg Moore, Omar Pacha, Ryan Palmer, Zach Pearson, Jason Reese, Michel Robinson and Tyler Townsend to bring the number of players on the Mallards' preseason roster to 29.
The Mallards will open their first CHL regular season on home ice Saturday, October 16, at 7:05 p.m. against the Odessa Jackalopes. Mallards 2010-11 ticket packages are now available to meet any budget or schedule. For more information on ticket packages for the upcoming season, fans can contact the Mallards at (309) 277-1364. Single game seats will go on sale on a date to be announced.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from September 22, 2010
- Eagles Tickets Go on Sale This Saturday - Colorado Eagles
- Mr. Franchise, Chad Woollard, Returns Home to Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Sign Goaltender Zane Kalemba - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Send Three Players to AHL Camps - Arizona Sundogs
- Defenseman Inman Joins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Acquire Rookie Goaltender Jarosz; Lehtinen Accepts Job at Northern Michigan University - Arizona Sundogs
- Four More Ink Pacts with IceMen - Evansville IceMen
- Altitude to Broadcast Eagles' Military Appreciation Game - Colorado Eagles
- Jackalopes in the Midst of Busy Week in the Community - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Strengthen Defense with Crum - Laredo Bucks
- Rush Sign Four More for 2010-11 Season - Rapid City Rush
- Riley Weselowski Completes Marathon for Ryan Christian Love Fund - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings