Sunday Game vs Rascals Postponed
Marion, IL - The Southern Illinois Miners announce that their June 16 home game against the River City Rascals has been postponed. As the Rascals do not return to Marion for the rest of the regular season, the game will be made up when the Miners travel to O'Fallon, Missouri to play River City from July 19-21, with the exact date of the game to be announced later.
Winners of seven of their last eight games overall, the Miners will now take a five-game win streak on the road this coming week. Southern Illinois returns to action on Tuesday, June 18 against the Windy City ThunderBolts at Ozinga Field in Crestwood. Chase Cunningham will make the start to kick off a six-game road trip for Southern Illinois against former Miners southpaw Chris Washington, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Southern Illinois Miners are the Frontier League's most-successful franchise since debuting in 2007, winning the 2012 Frontier League Championship as well as division titles in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. They have been awarded the Frontier League Organization of the Year award three times since their inception, and also set a new Frontier League attendance record in their inaugural season. For ticket information, contact the box office at (618) 998-8499. For additional information, visit our website at www.southernillinoisminers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Grizzlies' Lead Evaporates in Finale - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts come from behind for series sweep - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Phillips' Homer the Difference in Rain-Shortened Otters Win - Evansville Otters
- Boomers Drop Rain Shortened Finale at Evansville - Schaumburg Boomers
- Sunday Game vs Rascals Postponed - Southern Illinois Miners
- Tonight's Game Postponed - River City Rascals
- Wild Things Finish First Sweep of 2019 - Washington Wild Things
- Wild Things Beat Slammers 4-2, Sweep Series - Joliet Slammers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.