Storm Sign Former Arkansas Standout
Sioux Falls, SD. - The Sioux Falls Storm of the IFL (Indoor Football League) has landed star Offensive Tackle Zac Tubbs. Before a brief stint with the Buffalo Bills in 2007 as an undrafted rookie free agent, Tubbs played right tackle for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
At Arkansas he was selected first team All-SEC as a senior in 2006. Tubbs was a big reason for the Razorbacks' fourth ranked rushing attack in the nation in 2006 as well as the offensive line who gave up the fewest sacks in the country allowing just eight sacks in 13 games. Tubbs paved the way for a total of 12 100-yard rushing performances in 2006 including rushing touchdowns of 85 and 80 yards.
In 2004 Tubbs was named to the Southeastern Conference Coaches' preseason All-SEC third team and started 5 games at Arkansas before suffering a season ending injury. Before his injury, Zac Tubbs racked up 18 knockdown blocks and graded an 89% or better in 3 of 5 games.
The Storm are 1-0 this season after an exciting 50-47 win in Bloomington against the Extreme. Zac Tubbs and the Storm travel to Rochester, NY to face the Raiders in a late week game on Thursday. Fans can catch the game live, at Rookies Bar and Grill, broadcast through the B2 Network. The first home game is Sunday, March 29th at 3:05pm. Tickets are now on sale.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 16, 2009
- Outlaws Sack Bandits - Billings Outlaws
- Storm Sign Former Arkansas Standout - Sioux Falls Storm
- Roughnecks Sign Former NY Giants DB - West Texas Roughnecks
- Omaha Beef to Host Second Annual "Can Opener" this Friday - Omaha Beef
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Storm Win Season Opener in Thrilling Fashion, 50-47 - Sioux Falls Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.