Storm Score Season High and Set a WBA Record
Marietta, GA. - The Storm scored a season high and set a WBA record! The Storm entered into Life University Sports complex feeling confident about leaving with a win. What they didn't expect stated assistant coach Revelle Williams, "is winning by 61 points". The Marietta Storm had the home crowd behind them and one of the best backcourt combinations with Daryl "MaJic" Dorsey and Jamario Moon.
Marietta jumped out in front during the first few minutes of the game and never looked back. Having lost to Marietta earlier in the season, Anderson knew it would be a stormy task. Head Coach Embry Malone explained "We were missing some key players tonight".
A remarkable 8 players finished in double figures, helping the Storm break the league's record for points scored in a game. Leading the way was Anthony Wilkins with 26, followed closely by Jamario Moon who had a double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds. Daryl "Majic" Dorsey also had a double-double - 24 points, 12 assists coupled with 5 steals. Sylvester Morgan had a strong game with 15, Lorenzo Lawrence and William Howard 13, Alexis McMillan-12 followed by Steve Horne with 11.
Although the Heat's flame flickered throughout the night, Anderson's Bryce May was still able to shine by leading both teams in scoring with 31 points. Ex-Storm, Roy "Pat" Binion scored 19. Antoine Knighton had 17, and Johnathan Haymon ended with 14.
The night belonged to Marietta as they "Stormed" their way to a WBA record156 points to 95 for the Heat. The previous was 153 by the Rome Gladiators, a team that featured Dorsey, Moon, and Storm Head Coach Garrett last season. Fittingly enough, next up for the Storm is the Gladiators in Rome Wednesday night.
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from May 22, 2006
- Chris Terrell named WBA Director of Basketball Operations - WBA
- Former WBA player lands on ESPN the Magazine - WBA
- Four against 12 will always equal 61, in any sport - Anderson Heat
- Storm Score Season High and Set a WBA Record - Marietta Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Marietta Storm Stories
- WBA's Marietta Storm Players To Babysit, Read To Toddlers Who Live At Shelter
- Big Cat Records Rap Label Owner Buys WBA Team The Marietta Storm
- Atlanta Music Mogul To Introduce New Sports Team
- Marietta Storm Claims 113-101 Home Win Over Florida Flight
- Hannah To Miss Storm's Game At Gwinnett Thursday