Big Cat Records Rap Label Owner Buys WBA Team The Marietta Storm
Big Cat Records' owner Melvin Breeden is venturing into the world of professionally sports as the new owner of The Marietta Storm.
Tomorrow (June 15th), Breeden will host an event at STATS Sports Bar & Restaurant in downtown Atlanta, where he will reveal the new roster of players for The Marietta Storm.
The Marietta Storm is a World Basketball Association (WBA) Exposure League basketball team.
Through the WBA, over 400 players have transitioned into professional sports in the United States and abroad.
Players like the Josh Powell (LA Clippers), Kyle Davis (New Jersey Nets) and Jamario Moon (Cleveland Cavaliers) have participated in the league.
At the press conference tomorrow, Breeden will also reveal the team's new coach, in addition to naming the players have been invited to the NBA workouts this summer.
The event kicks off at 6:30 PM and is open to the public, who are invited to meet the players on The Marietta Storm.
Melvin Breeden, aka Mel-Man is a veteran producer and label owner. As a producer, Breeden crafted hits for Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Eve and Eminem.
As the owner of Big Cat Records, Breeden helped make rappers are artists like Gucci Mane, Pretty Ricky and Khia famous.
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from June 14, 2010
- Big Cat Records Rap Label Owner Buys WBA Team The Marietta Storm - Marietta Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Marietta Storm Stories
- WBA's Marietta Storm Players To Babysit, Read To Toddlers Who Live At Shelter
- Big Cat Records Rap Label Owner Buys WBA Team The Marietta Storm
- Atlanta Music Mogul To Introduce New Sports Team
- Marietta Storm Claims 113-101 Home Win Over Florida Flight
- Hannah To Miss Storm's Game At Gwinnett Thursday