Storm Captain Ronnie Attard Named USHL Defenseman of Week
Kearney, NE. - Tri-City Storm Captain Ronnie Attard has been named the Defenseman of the Week in the USHL following a three goal, one assist weekend against the Sioux Falls Stampede and the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders. Attard also recorded a plus/minus rating of +4 last week, and now leads all Storm defenseman with a +14 rating on the season. Attard is also the team's leader for most goal scored by a defenseman with 6 on the year.
Ronnie Attard, 19, of White Lake, Michigan, is skating in his 3rd full season with Tri-City and recently played his 100th regular season game in the USHL. He is currently tied for 2nd in the USHL for most goals scored by a defenseman and is also tied for 7th for most points recorded by a defenseman this season with 13 on the year. His empty net goal on Friday night sealed the win for the Storm in a 7-3 defeat of Sioux Falls. After trailing 1-0 after the 1st period on Saturday against Cedar Rapids, Attard scored two goals in the 2nd period to help the Storm offense take control of the game. His 2nd goal of the game and 6th goal of the season was the game winning goal as the Storm defeated the RoughRiders 3-2. It was his 2nd game winning goal of the season, and Attard is now tied for 2nd for most game winning goals by a defenseman in the USHL this season. Attard previously announced a commitment to play college hockey at Western Michigan University.
"The team is playing really well right now, everyone is buying into our systems and doing the right things, when everyone's doing that, guys start to get rewarded. I do what I can to help out offensively, but my main goal is trying to shut down other teams' top lines. This group we have right now is awesome, we've got a special set of guys with tremendous character and leadership, it makes coming to the rink everyday fun. I'm just trying to get better every day, as Coach Noreen says, "Don't be average, come to the rink and try to improve something each day."- Ronnie Attard
Images from this story
Tri-City Storm defenseman Ronnie Attard
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2018
- Steel Host RoughRiders for Tuesday Night Showdown - Chicago Steel
- Storm Captain Ronnie Attard Named USHL Defenseman of Week - Tri-City Storm
- USHL Names Players of the Week for Week 10 - USHL
- Abruzzese, Herbst Named Players of the Week - Chicago Steel
- Stars Name Pugliese to be New Director of Player Personnel - Lincoln Stars
- Stars to Hold Teddy Bear Toss December 8th vs Des Moines - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Storm Stories
- Kyle Aucoin Named USHL Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- Storm Complete Phase II of 2020 USHL Draft
- Storm Announce Multiple Transactions Ahead of 2020 USHL Phase II Draft
- Storm Complete Phase I of 2020 USHL Draft
- Storm Announce Multiple Transactions Ahead of 2020 USHL Phase I Draft