Steelheads Announce Donations for Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction
Boise, ID (2/8/18) - The Idaho Steelheads have announced the total donations from this past weekend's Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction at CenturyLink Arena. Steelheads fans contributed $19,710 in donations to the Jayden DeLuca Foundation and St. Luke's Children's Hospital in support of pediatric cardiac care.
This year's donations exceeded last season's by $2,510. Fans had the opportunity to purchase game-worn specialty jerseys designed by the Jayden DeLuca Foundation. Captain Jefferson Dahl's jersey sold for the highest bid, earning $1,500.
"Each year, this fundraiser and this cause forge a deeper connection with our fan base. We out-performed last year's donations and we brought in $7,000 more than we did two years ago," said Steelheads President Eric Trapp. "It's a trend we're seeing with all of our charitable causes this year and it's a tribute to how much our fans care."
"The Jayden DeLuca Foundation does extraordinarily important work every year for families in the Treasure Valley, and we hope this year's donations will offer a boost to their research efforts to find cures for heart disease."
The Steelheads have now collected a combined $35,153 during their two jersey auctions this season, with the St. Luke's Pink in the Rink Jersey Auction still to come.
The Steelheads continue their three-game series with the Colorado Eagles on Friday at Budweiser Events Center, with puck-drop scheduled for 7:05pm and the game available on 1350AM KTIK. For tickets to future Steelheads home games, contact the CenturyLink Arena Box Office at 331-TIXS or visit idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2018
- Cyclones Get Five Unanswered to Earn Third in a Row against Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Etienne Marcoux Returns from AHL Loan - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Dupuy, King Recalled from Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Adds Grit in Puskar - Wichita Thunder
- Arthrex Becomes Presenting Sponsor of Everblades Hockey - Florida Everblades
- Four Former Royals Represent Countries at 2018 Winter Olympics - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Forwards Krushelnyski and Swavely Recalled to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Announce Donations for Jayden DeLuca Foundation Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.